Keen on showing off your creativity to your fellow gamers? Well, Namco Bandai is holding another Souls community contest, this time for Dark Souls II. Participants can submit a shield design, then have it voted on to see if their entry winds up in the game itself. Don't worry: six winners will be chosen. That's a fair number, right?
Submissions begin today, and you've got some time, too, with voting starting on May 13. On May 14, no more submissions will be accepted, but voting will continue until May 20.
Once the finalists from the community voting phase are chosen, those will be sent to the FromSoftware team for a final round of voting. After that, the six winners will be announced at San Diego Comic-Con. The winning entries, as you might've guessed, will be inserted into the game for player use.
Here's how to enter the Shield Design contest:
● Become a fan on the official Dark Souls II Facebook page at www.facebook.com/darksouls
● Check out the Shield Design Facebook application
● Download the blank shield template
● Create up to three original masterpieces of heraldic design
● Submit your finished designs via Facebook before May 14, 2013
Back in 2011, Namco Bandai and FromSoftware held the same Shield Design contest for Dark Souls. Out of the community-voted finalists, FromSoftware chose only three winners, who also happened to get autographed Limited Edition copies of the game.