Today marks some significant changes for Star Wars: The Old Republic, and not in terms of content. New security measures have been implemented starting today, and your account will, of course, be affected.
Firstly, know that your login email will no longer be accepted, as TOR moves on to a Display Name system. Secondly, the authentication system will now utilize a "One-Time Password" system rather than Security Questions, to make account recovery easier for everyone. Well, hopefully everyone.
At any rate, BioWare Austin assures the community that these changes do improve the game's security and should further protect players from "account takeovers" and other threats. Fair enough.
If you don't remember your display name, here's how to go about recovering it:
- Click on the “Log In” button at the top right hand corner of www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com
- Click “Forgot your Display Name?”
- Enter the email address associated with your account.
- Click “Recover Display Name.”
- An automated email will be sent to the email address associated with your account. Your Display Name is within this automated email.