Aliens: Colonial Marines is getting another patch, which is already deploying to PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 gamers. PC gamers have to wait a little while, although Gearbox didn't say exactly how long it'll take to roll that one out. This marks the second patch for Aliens since it launched early last month to less than stellar reception. A little bit of everything is being addressed in the new patch, with a fairly lengthy list of fixes.
- Addressed an issue that could sometimes cause co-op player revival to not work under certain circumstances.
- Addressed issues with players not spawning into a level properly.
- Fixed a marine player invincibility exploit.
- Resolved several instances where players could walk or fall outside of maps.
- Fixed an issue that could cause localized text to sometimes display incorrectly.
- Addressed an issue where weapon ammunition was not always highlighted properly.
- Addressed some issues where multiplayer / co-op clients could see interactive objects displayed in a different state.
- Fixed a bug affecting voiceovers with the Firing Range bonus content.
- Addressed an issue where Ripley’s Flamethrower (bonus content) would sometimes fire continuously without player input.
- Overall stability improvements.
- General user interface improvements.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes.
- Addressed some issues that could cause improper warping for co-op players.
- Various tweaks to address instances where NPC characters would not always properly navigate to objectives.
- Added safeguards to prevent players from using a weapon in the weapons-suppressed portion of “One Bullet.”
- Modified Bella and Reid’s behavior in “No Hope in Hadley’s” to prevent them from spawning at the wrong point.
- Fixed issues that could clients to report inaccurate results and statistics.
- Addressed instances where a map would appear to “pop in” when loading into a new match.
- Addressed an issue that was could cause stutter when opening the multiplayer scoreboard.
- Switching profiles while in a lobby now returns players to the title screen immediately.
- Multiplayer teams should now correctly auto-balance between rounds.
- New Xeno appearance customization added.
The PC patch will have a lot of similarities with the console one, but there are going to be some exclusive fixes. It'll also have some changes that are planned for future PS3 and 360 patches, though no elaboration was provided. All Gearbox would say on the matter is the PC notes are going to be posted "as they become available." Hopefully there isn't too long to go for the computer crowd.