Santa Monica, CA - January 7, 2003 - Activision, Inc. today announced an expansion pack for Medieval: Total War, the critically acclaimed PC strategy game which was honored as the top PC game of all time by PC Gamer (UK). Developed by The Creative Assembly, Medieval: Total War - Viking Invasion turns the clock back to 790AD, when the Viking hordes descended from their Scandinavian strongholds to pillage their neighbors.
Medieval: Total War - Viking Invasion challenges players to control eight new factions, including the Vikings themselves, the Saxons, Scots, Irish, Welsh and Picts, and embark on a campaign to dominate the British Isles. With a wealth of new historical heroes, players can lead a range of new units into battle, including Viking Berserkers, Saxon Huscarles and Fyrdmen, while conducting sieges enhanced by the introduction of flaming arrows and boiling oil.
"Medieval: Total War's mixture of epic battles, historical accuracy and brilliant design put the game in a class all its own," states Larry Goldberg, executive vice president, Activision Worldwide Studios. "Medieval: Total War - Viking Invasion adds to this incredibly formidable mix in what is sure to be one of the best expansion packs of the year."
"We felt the era of Nordic raiders offered the perfect opportunity to add new flavors to the Medieval: Total War experience," explains Tim Ansell, founder, owner and managing director of developer The Creative Assembly. "Players can now sweep west from Scandinavia to raid, pillage and conquer just as they did over 1200 years ago."
Medieval: Total War - Viking Invasion introduces new features that will be welcomed by fans of the franchise Players can now plan reinforcements and scout enemy formations before taking to the field from a new pre-battle screen. In addition, there will be new playable factions and a new heavy weapon in the shape of the fearsome Organ Gun. Medieval: Total War - Viking Invasion is slated for release in the Spring of 2003 and has yet to be rated by the ESRB.
For more information on Medieval: Total War visit the website at www.totalwar.com. For more information on The Creative Assembly visit the website at www.creative-assembly.com.
- Square Enix is working on a new RPG, Kamitsuri set to be revealed August 1 
- Hearthstone invites you to spend One Night in Karazhan with Medivh starting August 11 
- South Park: The Fractured but Whole launches December 6, fart your way to victory 
- Rumor: Nintendo NX to be portable console with cartridges and NVIDIA Tegra processor 
- Pokémon GO Plus accessory delayed until September, keep your eyes on the phone 
- Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3 is Japan's best selling game so far in 2016 
- I Am Setsuna now available, prepare yourself for classic JRPG goodness on PS4 and Steam 
- Level-5 reveals Lady Layton, meet the puzzle professor's daughter 
- The Nintendo Entertainment System will launch November 11 for $59.99 
- July CoroCoro leak introduces two new Pokémon, meet Kiteruguma and Mimikkyu 
- Pokémon GO blamed in shooting death of Guatemalan teen during home invasion 
- Summer Games Done Quick 2016 starts on Sunday, watch the race for charity here 
- Nintendo stock prices skyrocket as Pokémon GO places Eevees in the highway 
- Seven new Pokémon announced for Sun & Moon, see 'em all in a new trailer 
- Fri, Jul 29
- Shenmue sub-director Keiji Okayasu reprises his role for Shenmue III
- Hearthstone invites you to spend One Night in Karazhan with Medivh starting August 11
- Square Enix is working on a new RPG, Kamitsuri set to be revealed August 1
- Thu, Jul 28
- Explore Yooka-Laylee in special Toybox demo, exclusive to Kickstarter backers
- Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3 is Japan's best selling game so far in 2016
- Nep-Nep Connect: Chaos Chanpuru will bring Compile Heart to Vita's card table in Japan
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 trailer shows off new transformations, power pole, and Flying Nimbus
- Wed, Jul 27
- Level-5 reveals Lady Layton, meet the puzzle professor's daughter
- Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past battle trailer warns of King Slimes
- BATMAN - The Telltale Series multiplayer to feature crowd play, Twitch plays Batman
Latest Net Reviews
|·||Cooler Master MasterBox 5 (French)|
|·||Corsair ML140 and ML120 Review|
|·||Synology DiskStation DS916+|
|·||MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming Z 8G|
|·||Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Gaming Premium Pack|