Assassin's Creed 3 players on Xbox 360, PS3, and PC already have the first two DLC packs available to them. Initially, we had no idea when any of the content would be headed to Wii U, but that day is apparently... today.
Ubisoft announced this morning that the Hidden Secrets Pack and multiplayer-only Battle Hardened Pack are now available on Nintendo's Wii U console. A surprise, but no doubt a good one for anyone who's enjoying the game on this console.
If you're interested in picking either up, Hidden Secrets is $4.99 USD, and Battle Hardened is a bit higher at $9.99 USD. What will the add-on packs get you? The following:
- The Hidden Secrets for Assassin’s Creed III adds three extra missions, including the Lost Mayan Ruins, the Ghost of War and a Dangerous Secret, for an additional hour of gameplay, taking gamers from the lost Mayan ruins to the high seas. Every successful mission is rewarded with in-game weapons. Gamers will also receive:
- Two single-player costumes including the fabled Captain of the Aquila uniform and the traditional Colonial Assassin outfit
- Two multiplayer characters including the fearsome Redcoat and the deadly Sharpshooter
- The Battle Hardened pack extends the Assassin's Creed III multiplayer experience with new playable characters and maps:
- Three multiplayer characters including the influential Governor, the resilient Highlander and the fearsome Coyote Man
- Three multiplayer maps including Charlestown, Fort St-Mathieu and Saint Pierre
Again, if you're playing on any of the other three platforms, the DLC is already available for purchase and play.
The much-talked about Tyranny of King George Washington content is still happening, Ubisoft also reminded us. We just have no idea when at this time.