Just last week, Activision ended up leaking the new Black Ops 2 map pack "Revolution," the first real DLC pack we're seeing for this latest Call of Duty installment. Not surprisingly, it all turned out to be true -- from content to release date -- just unveiled a little too early by accident. Today, the Revolution Map Pack is officially revealed, complete with a trailer showing the new content.
So the new maps consist of the following playgrounds:
- Downhill - Ski country in the French Alps
- Hydro - A hydroelectric dam facility in Pakistan
- Mirage - Sand dunes around a dilapidated luxury resort in the Gobi Desert
- Grind - Venice Beach, California, in a massive skateboarding park
- Die Rise - New Zombies map, set in the ruins of a Chinese metropolis
On the topic of Zombies, the Die Rise map also lets players build new devices to ward away the undead hordes. The new "Turned" mode adds a competitive twist as well, which many Call of Duty players have asked Treyarch to add.
Also included in the DLC is the Peacekeeper, a special SMG that comes with its own set of challenges for earning additional XP.
All the aforementioned Revolution content will be available first on Xbox LIVE (Shocker!) come January 29, for the usual 1200 Microsoft Points ($15). On the bright side, we are seeing more content than previous Call of Duty map packs have offered for the same price. Note that if you're a Season Pass holder, you've already paid for the add-on.
Revolution preview trailer - YouTube