Today is an XCOM kind of day, where XCOM: Enemy Unknown makes its way to Xbox LIVE's Games on Demand service and gets free DLC to boot.
The new pack isn't quite as robust as the last, "Slingshot Content Pack," but hey, that's why there's no additional cost. What the new "Second Wave" pack basically offers is a number of new gameplay options -- modifiers, if you will. Just to make your squad's death that much more satisfying. Here is the complete list:
- Damage Roulette: Weapons have a wider range of damage.
- New Economy: Randomized council member funding.
- Not Created Equally: Rookies will have random starting stats.
- Hidden Potential: As a soldier is promoted, stats increase randomly.
- Red Fog: Combat wounds will degrade the soldier’s mission stats.
- Absolutely Critical: A flanking shot guarantees a critical hit.
- The Greater Good: Psionics can only be learned from interrogating a psionic alien.
- Marathon: The game takes considerably longer to complete.
- Results Driven: A country offers less funding as its panic level increases.
- High Stakes: Random rewards for stopping alien abductions.
- Diminishing Returns: Increased cost of satellite construction.
- More Than Human: The psionic gift is extremely rare.
If you're looking for a new character and missions, then the Slingshot add-on may be more your thing. That's still available for $7.00 USD on any platform of your choosing.
For anyone who doesn't own the game yet, XCOM: Enemy Unknown is now available as a downloadable title from Xbox LIVE Games on Demand, where it's priced at a pretty standard $59.99 USD.