My expectations are that everyone here at Neo has already played through the original BioShock, but sometimes people slip through the cracks. Lucky for them, 2K Games agrees with me and have announced a brand new bundle with everything BioShock related pre-Infinite on one disc. The BioShock: Ultimate Rapture bundle will be released on January 14, giving everyone plenty of time to burn through BioShock 1 & 2 and all the DLC too, before BioShock Infinite releases on March 26.
Actually, the amount of DLC in the bundle surprised me somewhat. I hadn't known there was simply so much, but then again most of is preorder bonuses or weapon packs. Here's the full list of what's included in the bundle on top of both BioShock and BioShock 2:
- Museum of Orphaned Concepts: Take a tour of a never-before-seen BioShock museum and view early concept art, character models and more set within the halls of Rapture.
- Plasmids Pack: Includes four additional Plasmids and Gene Tonics – Sonic Boom, EVE Saver, Vending Expert and Machine Buster – for use in BioShock.
- Challenge Rooms Pack: Previously exclusive to PS3 and now available for Xbox 360 for the first time, the pack tests the player’s mettle by requiring them to utilize the skills learned while traversing the halls of Rapture to survive three separate puzzle rooms in BioShock.
- Sinclair Solutions Tester: Contains a number of customization features that allow players to further their character’s development in BioShock 2 multiplayer modes and provides a deeper multiplayer experience.
- Rapture Metro: Includes six additional multiplayer maps, an additional multiplayer gameplay mode and a rank increase to level 50 for BioShock 2 multiplayer.
- The Protector Trials: Features frantic combat and fast-paced action designed to push players’ mastery of weapons and Plasmids in a BioShock 2 single-player experience spread across six maps.
- Minerva’s Den: A substantial narrative experience that puts players in the role Subject Sigma and introduces new characters, locations and mystery to the world of Rapture in BioShock 2. Set in a new environment, Rapture Central Computing, Minerva’s Den adds a gripping new storyline to extend the BioShock 2 experience.
- Also included, is an exclusive collectable sticker pack from BioShock Infinite’s world of Columbia to get gamers ready for the next chapter in the BioShock universe.
Minerva's Den, a campaign DLC pack for BioShock 2, should be considered as great an inclusions as either of the main franchise titles. Probably one of the best DLC packs released for any game, to be honest.
Anyways, the BioShock: Ultimate Rapture bundle will be a console exclusive package. Seeing as PC players have been enjoying Steam sales on all this great BioShock content for some time now, it make sense that console folk deserve some attention too. Expect BioShock: Ultimate Rapture on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, releasing January 14 for $29.99.
Must have content for anyone who hasn't played BioShock yet. And hey, stickers, man. Stickers.