This month, EA is taking down several more multiplayer servers for aging games. The publishing giant has recently updated their Service Updates page, adding to the list of games expected to lose their online features in the month of January.
Most of the games are from EA Sports, with the exception of The Sims 2 and Trenches II. Check below to see if you'll be affected:
January 19, 2013 -- Online Services Shutdown
Trenches II for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
January 14, 2013 -- Online Services Shutdown
The Sims 2 for PC/MAC and TheSims2.com
January 11, 2013 -- Online Services Shutdown
- FIFA Soccer 11 for PC, PS3, Wii & Xbox 360
- FIFA Soccer 11 Ultimate Team for PS3 & Xbox 360
- Madden NFL 11 for PS3, Wii & Xbox 360
- Madden NFL 11 Ultimate Team for PS3 & Xbox 360
- NBA JAM for PS3 & Xbox 360
- NBA LIVE 10 for PS3 & Xbox 360
- NCAA Football 11 for PS3 & Xbox 360
- NHL 11 for PS3 & Xbox 360
- NHL 11 Ultimate Team for PS3 & Xbox 360
In an apologetic notice, EA explains that online activity for these games make up "fewer than 1% of all peak online players across all EA titles," so maintaining online services for them is just "no longer feasible."
Back in March 2012, EA began the shutdown process with just 11 games. A huge number of other titles joined that list of retirees in the months that followed, including several older Need for Speed games, EA Sports titles, Battlefield 2, and the others.