To demonstrate its "on-going commitment to listen to feedback" from fans and "wherever possible improve the gameplay experience," Capcom is announcing a second Resident Evil 6 title update. This one will be released January 22 and includes the following changes:
Agent Hunt Mode
- Available without having to complete a campaign
- Selectable criteria for joining a session
- Stage selection
- Region selection
- Players can determine whether to join a session based on campaign player’s settings such as infinite ammo or friendly fire settingStage selection
- Individual stages within chapters can be accessed at any time once completedGeneral
- QTE assist
- QTE assist is currently part of the Amateur difficulty level, and automatically completes QTEs for the player. With this update, players can optionally activate QTE assist on any difficulty level.
- Some sections of the game have had their difficulty adjusted to provide an improved experience
Not as extensive as the first title update, but still some major stuff there. Earlier today, Capcom also confirmed an actual release date for Resident Evil 6 PC, now expected to arrive in North America and Europe exactly two months after the game's second title update. That's March 22, for those who'd rather not do the math.
The not-actually-horror title will also be added to the Xbox 360's Games on Demand library this holiday season.