Unusually, considering the pomp and circumstance Riot Games typically likes to associate with a new champion, the next League of Legends champion has been put on the Public Beta Environment for testing. Her name is Vi (pronounced like vie, not vee), the Piltover Enforcer, and she's no one to mess with because, she's got two fists and you've only got one face.
Vi's a high mobility bruiser that wields a pair of hextech gauntlets on each of her fists. She's apparently an ex-con from the Piltover region, but Caitlyn offered her a job as her deputy or something along those lines and Vi could hardly refuse punching dudes for free. I think this comes across pretty clearly in Vi's skills.
- Blast Shield (Passive): Your activated abilities grant a shield equal to 10% of your health for 5 seconds when they hit an enemy (8 second cooldown).
- Q - Vault Breaker: Charges a powerful punch that carries you forward.
- First Cast: Slows your movement speed by 15% while increasing damage and dash range over 1.5 seconds.
- Second Cast: Dashes forward dealing 170 to 340 physical damage and applying Denting Blows to all enemies hit. Stops upon colliding with an enemy champion, knocking it back.
- W - Denting Blows (Passive): Every 3rd attack on the same target ddeals an additional 8% of the target's maximum health as physical damage, reduces its armor by 25% and grants you 40% attack speed for 4 seconds.
- E - Excessive Force: Causes next basic attack to deal 65 physical damage to the target and enemies behind it. Vi charges a new punch every 8.0 seconds and can hold 2 charges at once.
- R - Assault and Battery (Ultimate): Targets an enemy champion and chases it down, knocking it up and suppressing it for 1.25 seconds. Deals 375 physical damage and applies Denting Blows. While charging you are immune to crowd control and will knock aside enemies in the way, dealing 75% damage to them.
Also, here's a taste of Vi's lore:
"To Vi, every problem is just another brick wall to punch through with her gigantic hextech gauntlets. Though she grew up on the wrong side of the law, Vi now uses her criminal know-how to serve Piltover's police force. Vi's brash attitude, abrasive humor, and blatant refusal to follow orders can often infuriate her by-the-books partner, Caitlyn. But even the sheriff of Piltover cannot deny that Vi is an invaluable asset in the fight against crime."
Vi is currently available to try if you've got access to the League of Legends PBE, but otherwise it may be a few weeks yet before her release. After all, Nami is still on the block to be released, though that should happen either tonight or early next week. Vi looks like badass, though I'm a bit disappointed she still upholds Riot's stringent rule of "no fat chicks allowed." Seriously guys, there's plenty of chicks for your Runeterra swimsuit calendar already, how about hiring some modelers that can do more than one female body type.
Thanks for the tip, Lorx!