Today marks Dishonored's very first post-release title update, for all three platforms the game happens to be on. Don't get too excited now, because the changes are few and not particularly major. Then again, that's actually a pretty good sign.
A post on the official Bethesda Blog gives a rundown of the changes with Update 1.2, which consists of a short list of bug fixes. Here it is:
- Support for playing the game on multiple screens.
- Game Settings are now saved and restored properly even when using Steam offline.
- Fixes for some interactions with Granny Rags that invalidated nonlethal playthroughs under certain circumstances. (Note: These fixes work even for savegames AFTER the final Granny Rags encounter.)
- Fix for a crash that could happen during loading/transition between areas – notably near Dr. Galvani’s house.
- Reworked “Choke” interaction to make it more reliable in valid contexts.
- Fixed minor localization issues (PS3/360).
- Fixed global post-process that sometimes worked improperly during some missions.
- Fix for a rare crash that could happen when killing a NPC with a possessed rat and spring razor (PS3/360)
Dishonored's first DLC will be arriving soon as well, introducing a number of trial areas for players to navigate. Kind of like a challenge mode, you could say. Given the style of the gameplay, it seems rather fitting. Some actual story-driven DLC is also on the way, though we won't be seeing that until next year.