Funcom is still delivering heaps of content for MMORPG The Secret World as promised; this month comes the "Issue 4: Big Trouble in the Big Apple" update, which brings with it a new zone, theatrical events you can put on yourself, a chainsaw, a PvP overhaul, and more. See below for the rundown, and below further for a video rundown from game director Joel Bylos.
- The Manhattan Exclusion Zone – the game’s very first raid set in the middle of a devastated Times Square, offering a massive challenge for groups of 10 players.
- The Albion Theater – in this London theater venue, players can put on their own stage plays, control everything from props to lighting, and invite others to sit in the audience.
- The Chainsaw – a brand new and extremely powerful auxiliary weapon that opens up several new abilities for players to acquire.
- Reticule Combat – a new, optional combat mode that allows you to use your mouse pointer to aim for targets.
- Massive PvP Enhancements – this update revitalizes parts of the player vs. player gameplay, particularly the large-scale secret society warfare in Fusang.
The update will go live sometime this month.