A new update for Civilization V has surfaced, bringing with it a disgustingly long list of changes, most of which pertain to balance, but some of which cover performance, AI, UI, and of course, bug fixes.
The notes are of course far too extensive to list, so here's the highlights:
- Many performance improvements, particularly in the renderer.
- Pathfinder fixes and optimization.
- Fixed rare crashes that could occur depending on hardware.
- Tactical AI Improvement: Spend more gold on defense. AI will now spend gold at their cities where tactical dominance is EVEN (before it had to be enemy-dominated). AI will now also spend money on naval and air units for defense in such cites (before it was only land units and defensive buildings).
- Add in a UI overlay that shows which AI is processing its turn.
- Added "Restart Game" option to game menu. This option lets you restart the game and generate a new map using your current pregame settings. It's only available at Turn 0.
- Advanced settings are now persisted across multiple single player games.
- Win8 and Ultrabook optimizations and Touch/Gesture support.
As ever, hit the source if you want the full list, and boot Steam to grab the patch now.