Platoon does an amazing job of recreating the atmosphere of the movie on the PC, says Steve Milburn, Director of Marketing for Strategy First. Fans of the film and wargamers alike are going to love this game.
Platoon lets you follow the career of newlywed Martin Lionsdale of the 1st Airborne Cavalry Division, and take part in some of the most thrilling moments of the conflict, controlling an entire platoon through missions based on historical events. Platoon covers the Vietnam War from the early days of the conflict (late 1965) to the height of battle in 1968 and recreates some of the most tragic moments of the War: Operation Shiny Bayonet, the Pleiku Campaign and Operation Pershing.
Features: Covers the Vietnam War from 1965 to the height of battle in 1968
- Tremendous visual effects such as character and object shadows, grass and explosion effects, environment mapping for reflective surfaces etc...
- Scalable level of detail system (L.O.D)
- Dynamic weather effects (wind, fog, rain, monsoons...)
- 3D terrain modeled on the Vietnamese countryside (elephant grass, rice paddy,jungle...)
- Control vehicles such as M113 Armored Personnel Carrier and M48 Patton Tank
- Over 400 motion-captured animations ensure realistic soldier movement
- Soldiers rank and abilities depend upon level of experience, and performance is continuously affected by the environment, terrain and combat situation
- Includes a single player campaign and numerous scenarios
Platoon will be exclusively distributed in North America by Infogrames.