The Nintendo Direct series of online streams and videos may not be the most ground breaking of features, but it has become one of my favorite events to look forward to. Nintendo always delivers a solid look at games being developed, including trailers and developer commentary, that's not buried in hype and marketing gimmicks. It's just straight up video game goodness. The October 25 Nintendo Direct continues that trend, this time focusing on the fall 3DS lineup.
Today Nintendo gives us sneak peeks at games like Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, and plenty more. In fact, here's a full list of games covered during the video:
- Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask (Oct. 28, trailer)
- Paper Mario: Sticker Star (Nov. 11, trailer)
- Crosswords Plus, Style Savvy: Trendsetters, Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone! (available now)
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 DLC course packs (available now, trailer)
- Scribblenauts Unlimited (Nov. 13)
- Disney Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion (Nov. 18)
- Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?!! (Nov. 20)
- Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D and Star Fox 64 3D (available now on the eShop)
- eShop: Crashmo (Nov. 22), Fluidity: Spin Cycle (Dec. 27), NightSky (available now), Ikachan (late 2012) (trailer)
- Level-5 eShop: Liberation Maiden (available now), Aero Porter and Crimson Shroud (late 2012) (trailer)
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf (2013, trailer)
- Fire Emblem Awakening (2013, trailer)
- Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (2013)
Sorry for the long list, it's just that Nintendo really packed a massive amount of content into the presentation. Seriously, it's pretty ridiculous how stacked their lineup is for the holidays, and I might even say they have the best exclusive of any platform this fall. Paper Mario: Sticker Star by itself maybe worth that title!
If you'd like to check out the full Nintendo Direct video, I've got it embedded below. It's a good time to be a 3DS owner.