An update to Steam Greenlight has expanded this community-powered feature to include more than just video games. Now, the new "Software" and "Concepts" tabs can be found under Greenlight.
The idea remains the same for Software, which is to let the Steam community vote on which products they think ought to be released.
Concepts, on the other hand, gives developers a chance to showcase games or software early for some proper feedback. Posting Concepts is free, but votes are intended only to serve as data for the developer, and won't lead to the game being distributed through Valve's service.
A number of other changes also accompany the recent update. Check them out:
- The updated front page of Steam Greenlight now highlights recent submissions and Friends' favorites as well as recent news
- Developers can now add additional contributors to their items in Greenlight for the purpose of moderating and responding to community feedback
- A new widget-creator has been added under the "About" section to help promote your Steam Greenlight entry
- The FAQ has been updated to add some new questions and include information about Steam business in general
- Steam Greenlight logos are now available for download, also listed under the "About" section