Mass Effect 3 players can expect one massive patch later this week, with BioWare ballparking its release around Thursday. The developer detailed the major update on their official forums, and we gotta say, it's nice to see so many fixes being deployed.
Patch 4, as it's referred to, aims to fix a good number of known issues, ranging from single-player to multiplayer. A good number focus on the latter, addressing player powers and enemy behaviors, like the Krogan Vanguard Rage bonus failing to register and Banshees getting stuck in their charge.
Singularity has been redesigned as well. Here are the changes regarding the biotic attack:
- Singularity no longer has a maximum number of charges and will only be destroyed when the time runs out
- Performing a biotic combo on someone floating in the singularity no longer ends the singularity
- Base cooldown changed to 8 seconds
- Base duration of the singularity changed to 8 seconds
- Base power now does 100 points of damage per second to all targets that are in range, even if not floating in the singularity
- Base power sets up biotic combos on everyone that comes into range (only 1 combo added per enemy per cast of singularity)
- Rank 3 changed to a damage over time bonus (used to be a radius and duration bonus)
- Evolve 1 changed to singularity duration bonus (used to be a hold duration bonus and number of charges increase)
- Evolve 5 changed to damage over time bonus (used to be a radius increase mechanic)
- Evolve 6 now detonates biotic combos when the singularity explodes
Concussive Shot is seeing a few tweaks of its own:
- Evolution 3 damage and force bonus now applies to frozen and chilled targets
- Evolution 5 changed to increase damage by 50% and radius by 1 meter (used to take on the properties of your ammo power, but this did not work)
- Evolution 6 damage bonus to organics increased from 100% to 200% over 10 seconds
Hopefully, you'll be crashing less in the campaign, too. A fair share of the listed fixes are aimed at resolving some of the problems that lead to the game crashing, including the Biotic Charge glitch.
Console gamers will automatically be prompted to download the update once it goes live. On PC, you'll have to manually install it via Origin.
For the full list of changes, hit the source below. Believe us, there are a lot to read through.