Tomorrow, The Secret World will be receiving its "Digging Deeper" content update, and it should certainly give choosy players plenty more cosmetic options to choose from. Oh, and actual gameplay content, of course.
The image above features Dr. Anton Aldini (Peter Stormare), a surgeon operating "in the bowels of Brooklyn" at the Modern Prometheus clinic, which should already be open for business. Basically the clinic lets players alter how their characters look. The first visit is free, but after that, you're going to have to fork over some PAX. The in-game store also has coupons for players who'd rather not use their virtual money.
Looks like a trustworthy fellow. And by "trustworthy," we really mean "not at all." If you're looking for some more minor cosmetic changes, Ockham's Razor, a new establishment in London, will give your characters a new haircut, some new makeup, or facial hair. The payment system works the same as the Modern Prometheus -- PAX or buyable coupons.
As for the actual gameplay stuff, new missions will be coming within the next two days. Included in Mission Pack #2 is another visit to Kingsmouth, where we return to the lovable Pastor Henry Hawthorne and continue his Illuminati-loving shenanigans.
- 'Digging Deeper' continues the story that began with The Kingsmouth Code, and sends players back to Pastor Henry Hawthorne at the Kingsmouth Congregational to dig deeper into the town's secret history and Illuminati legacy
- In 'Death and Axes', players learn more about Sophie's close connection with the spirit world. In Transylvania's Besieged Farmlands, the dead are restless, and Sophie is increasingly sensitive to their pain -- causing Cern some concern for her well-being, and sending players on an investigation into the terrible events that have transpired here
- 'Strangers from a Strange Land' introduces players to the ancient history of Solomon Island, going back to when the island was visited by Norsemen in their longboats, a thousand years ago. This investigation begins with Red (of Red's Bait & Tackle) and introduces players to a pair of famous talking ravens from Norse mythology...
- In Transylvania, Iele -- the guardian of the Shadowy Forest -- needs the player's help in order to revive her 'Singing Stones' and fight the growing infection that threatens this delicate magical sanctuary
- Acquiring the first auxiliary weapon -- the rocket launcher -- won't be a cakewalk. In the first of a series of exciting auxiliary weapon missions, players will work with the Council of Venice to retrieve a highjacked shipment of rocket launchers. During the course of this mission, players face powerful new Orochi technology, travel to a brand new location, and come face to face with the two-faced Phoenicians
More missions will be added, so don't go thinking that's all there is.
If dungeon runs are more your thing (and The Secret World certainly does this well), two instances will be receiving Nightmare modes in the update: The Facility and Hell Eternal. No doubt we'll see more Nightmare modes later.