The Behemoth has always been particularly fond of PAX, so it should come as no surprise that they're showing off BattleBlock Theater's new level editor as the nerd con begins. That's right, each copy of BattleBlock Theater will come with a level editor standard, but Dan Paladin himself promises that's only part of the game's 'Level Lobby' and that he has more in story for fans soon. I'm thinking, perhaps a Super Meat Boy sort of level sharing service?
Paladin confirms that the level editor in the game is the very one the team is using for all of the story and arena levels in the game. Want some specific detail in singsong fashion? Okay:
- It’s super easy to use! Easier than putting on your own two shoes!
- Create all kinds of twists and bends!
- You can create & edit levels with friends!
- Test it while you build it! See if you’ve killed it!
- Upload and share! Download and rate! What will you do with the each playlist’s fate?
- Make it simple! Make it complex! A click of a button to amaze and perplex!
Oh, Behemoth, your rhymes dazzle my mind, they are quite simply sublime. Look forward to more PAX Prime coverage from The Behemoth as the weekend continues. Still no release date, but BattleBlock Theater will be coming exclusively to Xbox 360 (at least initially).
Because we think you deserve nice things.
I love you!-Dan