If you're excited enough to go out and pre-order Need for Speed: Most Wanted -- the one coming this year -- you may be happy to know that retailers are offering a little something-something for your troubles.
First, if you reserve the game early enough, you'll be automatically bumped up to Limited Edition; pretty common practice these days, it seems. So here's what you'll get with that:
- Four hours of Double Speed Points: Players earn double speed points throughout the first four hours of multiplayer
- 2012 Porsche 911 Carerra S: Optimized Aerodynamic Body that reduces drag for maximum speed and Nitrous Burn, delivering efficient and sustained speed boosts
- Maserati GranTurismo MC Stradale: A Race Pack Powertrain tuned for increased power and the impact protection modification to provide increased stability and strength when driving at breakneck speeds
Pre-ordering the game alone earns you several "packs," whether you make the reservation via Origin or any other game retailer. Obviously you'll want to double check if your retailer of choice is offering these goods:
- Speed Pack: The Caterham Superlight R500 in the exclusive Satin Black livery, featuring the Track Tyres Modification for improved road handling, and the Lightweight Chassis Modification allowing players to reach mesmerizing speeds
- Strike Pack: The Mercedes-Benz SL 65 AMG Black Series in the exclusive Satin Black livery, featuring the Power Pack Powertrain Modification for an engine tuned for torque, acceleration and the ability to reach breakneck speeds, and the Re-inflating Tyres Modification making it easier to survive and counter rivals’ attempts to slow players down
- Power Pack: The Ford F-150 SVT Raptor in the exclusive Satin Black livery, featuring the Reinforced Chassis Modification for taking increased damage, and the powerful and violent Nitrous Dump Modification for making tight jumps and powered up takedowns
Need for Speed: Most Wanted will be out on October 30 in North America and November 1 in Europe. With Criterion manning the helm, we're definitely excited for it.