Among the new products is the industry's first scanner to feature an automatic photo feeder, which allows consumers to quickly and easily digitize traditional photos by scanning a stack of 4 x 6-inch or 3 x 5-inch photos.
Bringing electronic organization to shoeboxes full of photos, the HP Scanjet 5500c scanner allows users to scan a stack of up to 24 photos, the same number of photos in a typical roll of film, by simply placing them in the feeder and pressing a single button. Users also can view scanned images in about seven seconds(1) -- no warm-up time required.
Three other products join HP's line of digital imaging products, including the HP Scanjet 4570c scanner; the HP Photosmart 230 photo printer -- featuring a convenient LCD screen for previewing and editing photos prior to printing; and the HP Photosmart 850 digital camera with manual controls and HP Instant Share technology.
"In June of this year, HP unveiled its $1.2 billion investment to reset the printing and imaging market. Today's announcement illustrates the ongoing results of that investment and sets the stage for products that are yet to come," said Lori Abbott, category business manager, digital imaging, Hewlett-Packard (Canada) Ltd.. "With innovations like the automatic photo feeder on our scanner, an LCD screen on our compact photo printer and innovative manual controls on our digital cameras, HP is offering simple and convenient features that make it easy to capture, share and print."
"We have found that 89 per cent of scanner owners scan photos and 47 percent of Internet households print digital photos at home," said Kerry Flatley, research analyst, InfoTrends Research Group. "HP's solutions are designed to help simplify the scanning and photo printing process at a time when digital imaging is playing a more significant role in consumers' lives."
HP Scanjet 5500c and 4570c Scanners
The HP Scanjet 5500c and 4570c scanners have seven, one-touch buttons for convenient access to features such as a share-to-Web option, HP Memories Disc Creator software for creating photo CDs to be viewed on a PC or DVD player, copy centre functions and e-mailing. Consumers can get professional-quality scans with up to 2,400 dots-per-inch (dpi) and 48-bit colour for printing, e-mailing and posting on the Web.
To convert from traditional film to digital format and for easy archiving, a lighted adapter is included with each scanner, which allows consumers to scan 35 mm negatives and slides. The automatic photo feeder is included with the HP Scanjet 5500c scanner and is optional for the HP Scanjet 4570c scanner.
HP Photosmart 230 Photo Printer
The compact HP Photosmart 230 photo printer produces borderless, 4 x 6-inch prints. The printer provides professional-looking output with crisp detail and vibrant colours on HP premium photo papers, featuring up to 4,800-optimized dpi.(2)
In addition, the printer lets users preview and edit photos prior to printing with a 1.8-inch colour LCD screen. Users can print directly from the digital camera -- no computer is needed -- via the printer's memory card slots, which support Compact Flash, Memory Stick, MultiMedia, Secure Digital and SmartMedia.
The HP Photosmart 230 photo printer follows the recent introduction of the company's new line of photo printers, including the HP Photosmart 7550, 7350, 7150 and 130 models.
HP Photosmart 850 Digital Camera
The HP Photosmart 850 digital camera offers customers the choice between using automatic or manual controls for freedom to select camera settings for ISO, exposure, white balance and aperture. The digital camera produces outstanding close-ups and brilliant photos, featuring 4.1-megapixel total resolution and 56x total zoom (8x optical, 7x digital). The electronic viewfinder enables consumers to enhance the framing of photos through the lens viewing.
The digital camera also features HP Instant Share technology, which allows users to snap a photo and then select on the camera where the photo will go the next time the camera is connected to a computer or optional HP Photosmart 8881 digital camera dock.
All of the new products introduced today include HP photo and imaging software, which allows users to conveniently and easily edit, create and print photos, including photo album pages.
Price and Availability
The HP Scanjet 5500c scanner, HP Scanjet 4570c scanner, HP Photosmart 230 photo printer and HP Photosmart 850 digital camera are expected to begin shipping in early October. All products will be available at authorized HP retailers nationwide.
Estimated Canadian retail prices(3) are as follows:
HP Scanjet 5500c scanner (includes photo feeder) $479.99
HP Scanjet 4570c scanner $299.99
HP Scanjet automatic photo feeder $229.99
(optional for HP Scanjet 4570c)
HP Photosmart 230 photo printer $379.99
HP Photosmart 850 digital camera $799.99
HP Photosmart 8881 digital camera dock $129.99
- Multiplayer would be so much better if we talked to each other instead of insulting your mom 
- Overwatch launches May 24, open beta runs May 5-9 for all platforms 
- Project X Zone has inexplicably disappeared from the Nintendo 3DS eShop 
- Persona 5's countdown clock has been extended, live stream confirmed for May 5 
- Steam user review system updated to prioritize more recent reviews over early ones 
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor trades urban cityscapes for feral and heavily irradiated wilderness 
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare blasts off this November 4 on PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens reveals new adventures in honor of Star Wars day 
- Fallout 4 wins BAFTA's Game of the Year award 
- Amazon is now requiring a Prime membership to purchase select video games 
- May 2016 issue of CoroCoro teases (actual) Pokémon Sun & Moon reveal 
- Rumor: PlayStation 4K codenamed "NEO," Sony forgot the "seeker" 
- Miitomo's success paves the way for Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem to go mobile this fall 
- Legend of Zelda Wii U now delayed to 2017, NX version and launch window confirmed 
- Wed, May 04
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor trades urban cityscapes for feral and heavily irradiated wilderness
- Multiplayer would be so much better if we talked to each other instead of insulting your mom
- Steam user review system updated to prioritize more recent reviews over early ones
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens reveals new adventures in honor of Star Wars day
- Tue, May 03
- Project X Zone has inexplicably disappeared from the Nintendo 3DS eShop
- Super Meat Boy coming to Wii U systems May 12 courtesy of BlitWorks
- Dishonored 2 delivers arcane assassination on November 11
- Mon, May 02
- From Software lineup reel teases a PlayStation VR title for 2017
- Mighty No. 9 goes gold, receives a new release date of June 21 for everyone but 3DS and Vita
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare blasts off this November 4 on PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4
Latest Net Reviews
|·||AMD A10-7860K and A8-7670K|
|·||AMD Radeon Pro Duo|
|·||SilverStone Strider Titanium|
|·||Corsair Carbide Spec-Alpha|
|·||ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP!|