Today's Team Fortress 2 update is a bit of a misnomer. The "City on Fire" update, or day 2 of the Pyromania event, includes several new equipment editions for the Scout, Soldier and Sniper -- not a new map or something similar as the name would imply. Rather, the City of Fire title may simply be referencing the overall Pyromania theme, along with events that may occur in the upcoming Meet the Pyro video.
Here's the equipment revealed in today's update:
- The Perfect Enemy (Hat)
- Pretty Boy's Pocket Pistol (Pistol): +15% health, no falling damage, 25% slower firing speed, 50% fire damage vulnerability.
- Baby Face's Blaster (Scattergun): 40% more accurate, builds boost on hit, run at up to double speed at max boost, -30% damage, 35% slower movement speed, boost resets on jump.
- The Urban Professional (Hat)
- The Cleaner's Carbine (SMG): 3 seconds of 100% critical strike on kill, -20% clip size, 35% slower firing speed, no random critical hits.
- The Hitman's Heatmaker (Sniper Rifle): Gain focus on kills and assists, focus activates on fire when meter is full, while in focus 25% increased charge and no upscoping, body hits do less damage.
- The Dumpster Diver (Hat/Grenade Strap)
- The Beggar's Bazooka (Rocket Launcher): Hold fire to load up to 3 rockets, release fire to unleash the barrage, +3 degrees random projectile deviation, overloading the chamber will cause a misfire, cannot collect ammo from dispensers.
- The Scorch Shot (Flare Gun): Flare knocks target back on-hit, ignites enemies in small radius,- 50% damage penalty.
This final item, the Pyro's Scorch Shot, is also shown in a small screenshot from the Meet the Pyro video. From point blank Pyro is shooting the scout in the chest, much to the Scout's dismay, of course.
The premise of this City of Fire update is that the infamous town of Teufort is burning. How this plays out in further Pyromania content or through the Meet the Pyro video is yet to be seen. It's all quite confusing at this point. Why would the Pyro burn down the city of Teufort, and what does it have to do with the space monkey Poopy Joe?
Valve is also up to their old tricks and has a few special treats hidden on the Pyromania web page. The first is a log recounting a senate tribunal, where the senate is interrogating Mann Co. CEO Mr. Hale about stolen Australium and a rocket that launched a a monkey named Poopy Joe into orbit. Mr. Hale isn't forthwith at all, and things spiral out of control from there. There's also a new page today, showing an odd storybook featuring the Soldier -- it's uh, awesome?
Less than 23 and a half hours until the Pyromania countdown ends and we get our final Team Fortress 2 Meet the Team video!