It may be coming a little later than your typical collector's edition, since the game was released in March, but here it is. Today thatgamecompany announced the upcoming release of the Journey Collector's Edition, a $30 package that includes an impressive amount content in addition to the critically acclaimed title itself. If you're interested, the game's release date is August 28, once again exclusive to the PlayStation 3 -- naturally.
- 30-minute behind-the-scenes documentary about the making of Journey
- Creator Commentary play-throughs of all three games
- Three exclusive mini-games from thatgamecompany
- Concept art and screenshot galleries for all three games
- Original soundtracks for all three games
- PS3 dynamic themes and wallpapers
- PSN avatars including 8 exclusive new Journey avatars never released before
- Official game trailers and developer diary videos
- Reversible cover art
Despite the glowing recommendations of many friends, I've yet to pick up Journey -- though I can't recall why I'd postpone the decision. Here's my opportunity to make up for my procrastination. All three excellent games, including their soundtracks, in-game commentary and a full-blown documentary too? There's really no excuse to pass up this opportunity to support unique, creative game design -- unless you don't have a PlayStation 3, of course.
Check out a trailer for the upcoming Journey Collector's Edition below, as it's positively stunning. August 28 is that release date again, and the title remains exclusive to the PlayStation 3.