REDMOND, Wash. - Although the weather is cooling, golfers still can swing like the pros as Microsoft Game Studios begins shipping "Links 2003" to retailers across the country today. PGA superstar Sergio Garcia returns to headline an all-star lineup of well-known professional golfers featured in "Links 2003."
In "Links 2003," Garcia and Annika Sorenstam are joined by professional golfers David Toms and the always-fashionable Jesper Parnevik. New to "Links 2003" is a Real-Time Swing feature that allows a player's mouse to become a club. Players pull back their mouse and the 3-D character goes into its backswing, then they lightly push the mouse forward and the character swings to strike the ball and begin the drive. The game's highly advanced ball physics factor in speed, tempo, direction and course conditions in real time, giving golfers more control over every shot. PC golfers can still indulge their choice of swing method, including the "classic" feel of "Links" click-swinging and the sweeping motion of PowerStroke.
To offer gamers a more realistic golf simulation, this newest version of the best-selling* golf simulator software features improved graphics, six all-new championship courses, several high-resolution 3-D characters, a new career mode and an expanded online component.
"'Links 2003' is so authentic, it can help you mentally improve your golf game because it presents you with so many real-life golf situations," Garcia said. "It is a terrific tool, and one that I recommend to golfers to learn course management and better understand the game of golf."
To celebrate the launch of "Links 2003," Microsoft Corp. will host the finals of the Million Dollar "Links" Virtual Golf Association Tour (VGA Tour) Oct. 28 in Atlanta, with Garcia acting as the celebrity caddie. For the third straight year, the top cybergolfers in the world will compete for the title "World's Best PC Golfer." The winner of the VGA Tour will have the opportunity to try to sink a putt on a real golf course for $1 million.
- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice prologue trailer, these pork buns were frozen 
- PlayStation Now coming to Windows, DualShock 4 wireless adapter launching next month 
- Mario Party: Star Rush gets new box art after making everyone hungry for SpaghettiOs 
- Axiom Verge, Punch Club, and Stardew Valley headline surge of indie releases on Wii U and 3DS 
- Dragon Quest XI: In Search of Departed Time reconfirmed for Nintendo NX release 
- Watch Dogs 2 multiplayer will feature seamless co-op and PvP without lobbies or loading screens 
- Super Mario 64 releases on Wii U Virtual Console again August 25 
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 to get expert mission multiplayer, open beta, and Majin Vegeta 
- Alolan Raichu, Morelull, Team Skull and more revealed for Pokémon Sun and Moon 
- Pokémon GO faces class action lawsuit over Pokémon spawns on private property 
- Pokémon GO bug causes Pokémon to break out of balls more frequently than intended 
- Final Fantasy XV delayed to November 29 
- Mobile developers need to stop with the "honeymoon period" for their games 
- Pokémon GO 1.3.0 update rolls out field test for new tracking system, battery saver returns to iOS 
- Thu, Aug 25
- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice prologue trailer, these pork buns were frozen
- Axiom Verge, Punch Club, and Stardew Valley headline surge of indie releases on Wii U and 3DS
- Wed, Aug 24
- Super Mario 64 releases on Wii U Virtual Console again August 25
- Sid Meier's Civilization VI gets $90 25th anniversary edition, only 20,000 copies available
- Dark Souls III: Ashes of Ariandel arrives October 25, new features teased for multiplayer
- Tue, Aug 23
- The SNES turns 25 today, let's take a look back at some of our favorite games
- PlayStation Now coming to Windows, DualShock 4 wireless adapter launching next month
- July NPD: Xbox One and 3DS earn victory during dry summer for new game releases
- Mon, Aug 22
- Dragon Quest XI: In Search of Departed Time reconfirmed for Nintendo NX release
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 to get expert mission multiplayer, open beta, and Majin Vegeta
Latest Net Reviews
|·||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Founders Edition|
|·||Intel SSD DC P3520|
|·||Plextor M8Pe(G) (German)|
|·||GPU Charts 2016 Single Card - 1080p, 1440p, UHD - AMD RX 470|
|·||Thermaltake Core P3|
|·||Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Ultra Gaming|