REDMOND, Wash. - Although the weather is cooling, golfers still can swing like the pros as Microsoft Game Studios begins shipping "Links 2003" to retailers across the country today. PGA superstar Sergio Garcia returns to headline an all-star lineup of well-known professional golfers featured in "Links 2003."
In "Links 2003," Garcia and Annika Sorenstam are joined by professional golfers David Toms and the always-fashionable Jesper Parnevik. New to "Links 2003" is a Real-Time Swing feature that allows a player's mouse to become a club. Players pull back their mouse and the 3-D character goes into its backswing, then they lightly push the mouse forward and the character swings to strike the ball and begin the drive. The game's highly advanced ball physics factor in speed, tempo, direction and course conditions in real time, giving golfers more control over every shot. PC golfers can still indulge their choice of swing method, including the "classic" feel of "Links" click-swinging and the sweeping motion of PowerStroke.
To offer gamers a more realistic golf simulation, this newest version of the best-selling* golf simulator software features improved graphics, six all-new championship courses, several high-resolution 3-D characters, a new career mode and an expanded online component.
"'Links 2003' is so authentic, it can help you mentally improve your golf game because it presents you with so many real-life golf situations," Garcia said. "It is a terrific tool, and one that I recommend to golfers to learn course management and better understand the game of golf."
To celebrate the launch of "Links 2003," Microsoft Corp. will host the finals of the Million Dollar "Links" Virtual Golf Association Tour (VGA Tour) Oct. 28 in Atlanta, with Garcia acting as the celebrity caddie. For the third straight year, the top cybergolfers in the world will compete for the title "World's Best PC Golfer." The winner of the VGA Tour will have the opportunity to try to sink a putt on a real golf course for $1 million.
- PlayStation helps put Sony back in black for FY2015 
- Pokémon Red, Green, Blue, and Yellow are Nintendo's most popular downloaded games 
- Valkyrie Anatomia: The Origin trailer confirms iOS and Android release this spring in Japan 
- Borderlands 3 confirmed at PAX East, but might be called Borderlands 4 
- Amazon found liable for unauthorized in-app game purchases by children as parents rejoice 
- Star Fox Zero debuts at fifth place in Japan, overtakes Dragon Quest with a barrel roll 
- Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse launch edition lets you mark your path 
- Legend of Zelda Wii U now delayed to 2017, NX version and launch window confirmed 
- Fallout 4 wins BAFTA's Game of the Year award 
- Amazon is now requiring a Prime membership to purchase select video games 
- May 2016 issue of CoroCoro teases (actual) Pokémon Sun & Moon reveal 
- Tracer prepares her new victory pose for Heroes of the Storm starting April 19 
- Rumor: PlayStation 4K codenamed "NEO," Sony forgot the "seeker" 
- Rumor: PlayStation 4K will have a more powerful GPU, "GOW4" listed as launch title 
- Thu, Apr 28
- Pikachu-themed Pokkén Tournament controller announced, duke it out with the electric mascot
- Pokémon Red, Green, Blue, and Yellow are Nintendo's most popular downloaded games
- Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse launch edition lets you mark your path
- PlayStation helps put Sony back in black for FY2015
- Amazon found liable for unauthorized in-app game purchases by children as parents rejoice
- Wed, Apr 27
- Star Fox Zero debuts at fifth place in Japan, overtakes Dragon Quest with a barrel roll
- Miitomo's success paves the way for Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem to go mobile this fall
- Legend of Zelda Wii U now delayed to 2017, NX version and launch window confirmed
- Tue, Apr 26
- Bethesda brings in-game "Mods" menu to Fallout 4 on PC in May, console support coming in June
- Catching a glimpse of SpeedRunners as it dashes out of Early Access
Latest Net Reviews
|·||Thermalright Macho 120|
|·||GeIL Super Luce DDR4-3000 4x4GB Kit (German)|
|·||Thermaltake Versa N21|
|·||Gigabyte XM300 (French)|
|·||Lian Li PC-J60|
|·||G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C15D-32GTZ|