REDMOND, Wash. - Although the weather is cooling, golfers still can swing like the pros as Microsoft Game Studios begins shipping "Links 2003" to retailers across the country today. PGA superstar Sergio Garcia returns to headline an all-star lineup of well-known professional golfers featured in "Links 2003."
In "Links 2003," Garcia and Annika Sorenstam are joined by professional golfers David Toms and the always-fashionable Jesper Parnevik. New to "Links 2003" is a Real-Time Swing feature that allows a player's mouse to become a club. Players pull back their mouse and the 3-D character goes into its backswing, then they lightly push the mouse forward and the character swings to strike the ball and begin the drive. The game's highly advanced ball physics factor in speed, tempo, direction and course conditions in real time, giving golfers more control over every shot. PC golfers can still indulge their choice of swing method, including the "classic" feel of "Links" click-swinging and the sweeping motion of PowerStroke.
To offer gamers a more realistic golf simulation, this newest version of the best-selling* golf simulator software features improved graphics, six all-new championship courses, several high-resolution 3-D characters, a new career mode and an expanded online component.
"'Links 2003' is so authentic, it can help you mentally improve your golf game because it presents you with so many real-life golf situations," Garcia said. "It is a terrific tool, and one that I recommend to golfers to learn course management and better understand the game of golf."
To celebrate the launch of "Links 2003," Microsoft Corp. will host the finals of the Million Dollar "Links" Virtual Golf Association Tour (VGA Tour) Oct. 28 in Atlanta, with Garcia acting as the celebrity caddie. For the third straight year, the top cybergolfers in the world will compete for the title "World's Best PC Golfer." The winner of the VGA Tour will have the opportunity to try to sink a putt on a real golf course for $1 million.
- Sega re-enters the console wars with mini Mega Drive, 80 games plus cartridge slot 
- Classic and Modern Sonic the Hedgehog join forces in Project Sonic 2017 
- No Man's Sky dev Hello Games in hot water over alleged use of superformula 
- Rumor: Nintendo NX to be portable console with cartridges and NVIDIA Tegra processor 
- Pokémon GO trainer has caught 'em all and become the very best 
- Summon Night 6 crosses borders with hefty Wonderful Edition bundle 
- Pokémon GO responsible for falling Nintendo stocks, Slowpoke finally caught on 
- Uno comes to PS4, Xbox One, and PC in August with video chat, prepare to ruin friendships 
- The Nintendo Entertainment System will launch November 11 for $59.99 
- July CoroCoro leak introduces two new Pokémon, meet Kiteruguma and Mimikkyu 
- Pokémon GO blamed in shooting death of Guatemalan teen during home invasion 
- Summer Games Done Quick 2016 starts on Sunday, watch the race for charity here 
- Nintendo stock prices skyrocket as Pokémon GO places Eevees in the highway 
- Pokémon GO trainers asked to stop catching Pokémon in The Holocaust Museum 
- Tue, Jul 26
- Sid Meier's Civilization VI sees Catherine de Medici ruling the French through subterfuge
- Rumor: Nintendo NX to be portable console with cartridges and NVIDIA Tegra processor
- Classic and Modern Sonic the Hedgehog join forces in Project Sonic 2017
- Sega re-enters the console wars with mini Mega Drive, 80 games plus cartridge slot
- Mon, Jul 25
- Summon Night 6 crosses borders with hefty Wonderful Edition bundle
- Pokémon GO responsible for falling Nintendo stocks, Slowpoke finally caught on
- Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV will release in theaters August 19, see Lucis on the silver screen
- Final Fantasy Brave Exvius celebrates 5 million global downloads with new story
- Fri, Jul 22
- FFXIV x Yo-kai Watch collaboration event starts next week
- Conception II brings classmating season to Steam this August 15
Latest Net Reviews
|·||Tesoro Gram Spectrum|
|·||Thermaltake Pacific RL360|
|·||ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1060 AMP! Edition|
|·||Asus ROG STRIX-RX480-O8G-GAMING|
|·||Asus ROG STRIX-GTX1060-O6G-GAMING|