Sega is hoping to make 2012 suck less (perhaps moreso for the publisher itself, given its recent woes) by announcing Hell Yeah!, a bombastic 2D action-adventure platformer by Arkedo.
In Hell Yeah!, you play Ash, a devil rabbit who one day finds that your secret intimate photos have been posted all over the hell-ternet. Fortunately you also happen to be the prince of Hell, so you're gonna kick all of Hell's ass in your quest to find the perpetrator of this heinous crime against yourself.
• Tension-relieving faux-gore action – Hell Yeah! helps you clear your mind after a bad/frustrating/boring day at work. Achieve this by exploring the four corners of Hell and exterminating monsters in a cheerful yet challenging atmosphere.
• Drill to kill – shooting is fun but shooting from a super sawing jetpack that can drill through walls and squash monsters into chunks is better. Hell Yeah! gives you full frontal violence in your face.
• This game is too BIG for you – 10 huge game worlds with secret areas and side quests, hundreds of objects, weapons and monsters to collect. If you’re a completionist, you’re screwed man.
• Help us make Hell a cleaner place – there are 100 unique monsters to exterminate in Hell Yeah! Some are rude, others are really ugly but they all equally deserve to DIE!
• “Finish him” moves that will make your mama cry – inflict ultimate humiliation on the monsters of Hell using over 25 deadly “Finish him!” mini-games.
• Pimp my drill – collect loot and spend your cash in big shops where you can buy bigger guns and awesome upgrades for your ride. The donut driller skin and the ‘Sploding Carrot Missile Launcher make a lovely combo.
Hell Yeah! is scheduled to launch later this summer for digital download on XBLA, PSN and PC.