Blizzard has let loose quite a few interesting statistics pertaining to Diablo III and what players have been up to since launch.
The most notable ones: most folks have created three characters, and most of those haven't exceeded level 30; hardly anyone has unlocked Inferno; Hardcore is too hardcore for most, and the most used runes at level 60 are Best Served Cold, Lingering Fog, Mirror Skin, Peaceful Response, and Numbing Dart.
The full list with details:
- On average players have created 3 characters each
- 80% of characters are between levels 1 and 30
- 1.9% of characters have unlocked Inferno difficulty
- 54% of Hardcore players chose a female character
- The majority of Hardcore deaths (35%) occur in Act I Normal
- The most common level 60 build in the game is only used by 0.7% of level 60 characters of that class (not including Passive diversity)
- The most used runes for each class at level 60 are Barbarian: Best Served Cold, Demon Hunter: Lingering Fog, Wizard: Mirror Skin, Monk: Peaceful Repose, Witch Doctor: Numbing Dart