Happy Friday and surprise, Neoseeker has adopted a new look for the not-so-new year. If you've visited the site any time before last night, then you'll definitely be able to notice the change.
A newly designed header and footer with mega-menu dropdowns are some of the highlights of Neoseeker 2K12. Clicking around, you'll find that product profiles have also undergone an overhaul, now emphasizing user contributions, NeoWiki editing, and a "wall" that displays updates and happenings around the site related to the game. Overall, just about ever page has undergone a massive visual change with greater functionality in mind.
Videos are also much more prominent now on the front page, and you can browse news without having to scroll through the "all news" page we had before -- scroll down on the main page to check that out.
When designing the new look, our primary goal was the end user experience:
- Create a more unified, uniform, and consistent user experience throughout the majority of the site.
- Bring in a more modern and open look, using current and future best practices and concepts.
- Build on a more cleaner, less cluttered layout with more open space
- Re-organise the product profile pages so they are more appealing
- Bring new emphasis to the contribution aspect of profiles, with larger contribution buttons and more obvious edit buttons for Wiki editable areas.
- Merging status updates with "myfeeds" and create a "wall" for each game.
- Gentle introduction of #hashtags
Contrary to what the cleaner appearance may suggest, the design was not made with tablet and mobile users in mind. In fact, Neoseeker Mobile hasn't changed except for a few cosmetic alterations. User profiles and forums have also been left mostly untouched, though some of that might change later this year.