Naughty Dog has released the patch notes for Uncharted 3's upcoming update. The Lab from the game's predecessor makes a return, as well as the inclusion of Elimination mode.
Due for a release at the end of May, The Lab is a playlist for Uncharted 3's online multiplayer component that delivers a distinct variety of multiplayer game types. When the patch does go live, the mode will initially offer a T-bolt and Pistole-only map.
Furthermore, Elimination Mode has been added, which features treasure drops from the Team Deathmatch mode. Other patch details are as follows:
- Message of the Day returns – a daily message will pop up with news, tips, and other information.
- If you leave a game, disconnect, or turn off your PS3 mid-game, it will be counted as a loss.Kill and deaths no longer count towards your career stats in Plunder and Team Objective modes.
- The technical hooks to make the Game of the Year edition (EU) work properly with DLC were added.
- In Team Deathmatch mode the Airstrip and London maps now are listed with “No Intro” variations. If these variations are selected you’ll start those maps with no convoy events.
- The Long Ranger Medal can now be earned by achieving 3 kills at 50 meters in a match instead of 3 kills at 70 meters.
As was the case with patch 1.09, all cinema files from before patch 1.11 won't work after the new update. Players who want to preserve their cinema files are recommended to upload them onto YouTube before before installing patch 1.09.