Remember the insane Skyrim features Bethesda showed off in their Game Jam video from February? With the dragon mounts and giant enemy mudcrab? Well, take heart, because Todd Howard wasn't kidding when he teased that some of the content might be added through updates or DLC.
Cinematic kill cams for projectile weapons and spells are the first of these crazy features to make it into the game, and Skyrim players on PC can try it out with update 1.5, now available as a beta update on Steam. Console owners will be getting the update too, but we'll need to wait a bit longer, as usual.
Skyrim Update 1.5 - New Kill Cams - YouTube
Melee weapons also have a few new kill cams and animations in 1.5, for those of you who prefer killing up close and personal-like. The update brings with it a number of new features and, of course, a mess of bug fixes.
- New cinematic kill cameras for projectile weapons and spells
- New kill moves and animations for melee weapons
- Shadows on grass available (PC)
- Smithing skill increases now factor in the created item’s value
- Improved visual transition when going underwater
- Improved distance LOD transition for snowy landscapes