Ghost Recon: Island Thunder was developed by Ubi Soft's Red Storm Entertainment, the studio that raised the standard for realism in games with the introduction of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six series. It is the latest addition to the Tom Clancy franchise, and joins three other highly anticipated new games released this winter: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon for Xbox and PlayStation 2, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell for Xbox and PC and Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Raven Shield.
Cuba, 2009: Castro is dead, and the first free elections in decades are thrown into turmoil by a drug-funded warlord. The Ghosts, an elite team of U.S. Army Green Berets, are sent to Cuba as part of a UN peacekeeping force to destroy the rebel forces and their mercenary leaders and secure the elections for a free Cuba.
- 8 new single-player missions in an all-new campaign set across the island of Cuba.
- 5 new dedicated multiplayer maps.
- 12 new multiplayer weapons, including the M4 SOCOM rifle and the MM-1 automatic grenade launcher.
- 2 new multiplayer game types.
- New Cuban enemy vehicles, new allied vehicles and insertions by helicopter