Alan Wake, Remedy Entertainment's well-received and reasonably popular action thriller from 2010, will soon be released on the the PC. Turns out, PC gamers looking to pick up this former Xbox 360 exclusive will have three editions to choose from: Standard, Collector's, and Steam.
The Steam Edition, which includes the original game and all previously released DLC, will be seeing an early release on February 16, whereas the standard and Collector's Edition boxed versions won't be out until March 2. The early digital release could be to build a bit of marketing power for Alan Wake's American Nightmare, coming out February 22 exclusively on Xbox LIVE Arcade. Digital editions on other platforms like Origin should come "soon afterwards."
Curious what extra swag you'll get for waiting on the retail release? Here's what will be included in the standard and Collector's Editions:
- Premium packaging
- Disc 1: Main game + downloadable content "The Signal" and "The Writer."
- Disc 2: OST of the game (on disc) including 13 tracks
- 6 postcards with different pictures/scenes from the game
- 1 poster, printed on both sides
- 7 stickers with different pictures/scenes/characters from the game
- Game manual
- Premium packaging
- Everything included in the standard edition (above)
- Main game of the Collector's Edition contains audio commentary and background information by Remedy, which can be switched on or off during the game
- Disc 3 (bonus), containing documentary material about Remedy, the Making of Alan Wake, Making of a Thriller, music videos by the imaginary band Old Gods of Asgard, several trailers, storyboard and concept art
- The Alan Wake Files, a 144-page collection of evidence surrounding Alan and compiled by the fictitious author Clay Steward (originally included with the Xbox 360 Collector's Edition)
Alan Wake Steam Edition will run at a cost of $30, and reportedly the Limited Collector's Edition costs only $35. The only question you should consider is whether a two-year-old game, albeit with upgraded graphics and tweaked gameplay, is worth the price.