LAS VEGAS, NV (August 13, 2002) - Westwood Studios announced today it will offer multiple ways to subscribe to Earth & Beyond, the online role-playing galaxy that will be published by Electronic Arts under the EA GAMES brand this fall.
The monthly fee for Earth & Beyond will be $12.99US per month, and players will have the option to purchase packages of playtime for a reduced price. Players can pay month-to-month, or buy three months for $11.99US a month ($35.97US) or six months for $10.99US a month ($65.94US). These packages will be available to the players when they register the retail version of the game. All major credit cards will be accepted.
As an alternative to paying with a credit card, Westwood will also offer Game Time cards that will allow players to pre-purchase 90 days of playtime from their local retailer. Game Time cards will be available for $39.99 and will go on sale at the same time as Earth & Beyond. They can be purchased from most major software retailers, including Electronics Boutique and GameStop.
"Our goal is to offer players as many options as possible when subscribing to the game," said Craig Alexander, vice president and executive producer of Earth & Beyond. "We've worked hard to create an accessible massively-multiplayer game. In addition to choosing how they want to play -- whether it's exploring, trading, or fighting -- players can also choose exactly how they want to pay for the subscription," continued Alexander.
Westwood is conducting a public test of Earth & Beyond with thousands of people playing every day. Thousands of additional testers will be selected in August and September, and anyone wishing to participate can sign up online at www.earthandbeyond.com.
Beginning Aug. 5, Gamers who pre-purchase the retail version of Earth & Beyond at Electronics Boutique, GameStop, Amazon.com, or EA.com stores will be automatically included in the public test without having to sign up at the official Earth & Beyond website.
In Earth & Beyond, players become the captain of their own starship and live star-spanning adventures as they explore, trade and fight with thousands of others. Testers will be part of the creation process and will see the universe take shape around them as the developers add more sectors, planets, missions, quests, monsters, characters, features, evolving plot lines and more.
- Level-5 reveals Lady Layton, meet the puzzle professor's daughter 
- Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3 is Japan's best selling game so far in 2016 
- Square Enix is working on a new RPG, Kamitsuri set to be revealed August 1 
- Hearthstone invites you to spend One Night in Karazhan with Medivh starting August 11 
- South Park: The Fractured but Whole launches December 6, fart your way to victory 
- Rumor: Nintendo NX to be portable console with cartridges and NVIDIA Tegra processor 
- Pokémon GO Plus accessory delayed until September, keep your eyes on the phone 
- I Am Setsuna now available, prepare yourself for classic JRPG goodness on PS4 and Steam 
- The Nintendo Entertainment System will launch November 11 for $59.99 
- July CoroCoro leak introduces two new Pokémon, meet Kiteruguma and Mimikkyu 
- Pokémon GO blamed in shooting death of Guatemalan teen during home invasion 
- Summer Games Done Quick 2016 starts on Sunday, watch the race for charity here 
- Nintendo stock prices skyrocket as Pokémon GO places Eevees in the highway 
- Pokémon GO trainers asked to stop catching Pokémon in The Holocaust Museum 
- Fri, Jul 29
- Shenmue sub-director Keiji Okayasu reprises his role for Shenmue III
- Hearthstone invites you to spend One Night in Karazhan with Medivh starting August 11
- Square Enix is working on a new RPG, Kamitsuri set to be revealed August 1
- Thu, Jul 28
- Explore Yooka-Laylee in special Toybox demo, exclusive to Kickstarter backers
- Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3 is Japan's best selling game so far in 2016
- Nep-Nep Connect: Chaos Chanpuru will bring Compile Heart to Vita's card table in Japan
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 trailer shows off new transformations, power pole, and Flying Nimbus
- Wed, Jul 27
- Level-5 reveals Lady Layton, meet the puzzle professor's daughter
- Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past battle trailer warns of King Slimes
- BATMAN - The Telltale Series multiplayer to feature crowd play, Twitch plays Batman
Latest Net Reviews
|·||Cooler Master MasterBox 5 (French)|
|·||Corsair ML140 and ML120 Review|
|·||Synology DiskStation DS916+|
|·||MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming Z 8G|
|·||Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Gaming Premium Pack|