If you just can't get enough STALKER and don't want to wait for STALKER 2, the 'Misery' mod has just been released for Call of Pripyat, overhauling the game and offering a different, darker take on its universe.
Nine months in the making, it features a lot of attractive changes, especially for the hardcore. The highlights:
- Support for 3GB RAM usage
- Much higher and more realistic difficulty (expect more scavenging)
- More audio of all varieties (including music)
- Overhauled environments and weather for the "Misery" look and atmosphere
- UI overhaul / minimalistic HUD
- Increased FOV
- Three statistically unique playable characters
- Tons of new weapon attachments
- Authentic weapon stats and performance
- Improved AI
For a variety of reasons, we recommend playing through the vanilla game if you haven't already before attempting this mod.
Hit the source for the 1.2GB download and more.