Another major update is on the way for Team Fortress 2 and you know what that means: more weapons! The Australian Christmas 2011 update adds new weapons for the Pyro and Engineer along with a new Control Point map called Foundry.
Foundry is a little different from other TF2 levels due to having 12 map-specific achievements (one achievement mentions you can shove opponents into a fire cauldron hazard). Those who unlock seven of the new achievements earn a silly-looking top hat fitted with industrial smoke pipes.
As for the new weapons, they were designed by Dr. Grordbort, who previously created some Soldier weapons. The Engineer gets a replacement for his shotgun and wrench:
- The Pomson 6000 - Fires penetrating projectiles that cannot be reflected. Shots cause Medics to lose 10% of their Medigun charge and removes 20% cloak from Spies. Requires no ammo.
- The Eureka Effect - A wrench with the ability to teleport the player to spawn when using alt-fire. When equipped, you cannot carry buildings (just like vanilla TF2!).
- Braniac Goggles - Green-tinted goggles with an antenna.
- Maths-Enhancing Hair-do - Scruffy white hair and moustache that make you appear as some sort of mad scientist.
The Pyro receives three new weapons and each of them has a unique use:
- The Phlogistinator - This Flamethrower has an 'Mmmph' meter that's charged when you deal fire damage. Activating 'Mmmph' refills your health and grants the ability to deal out critical hits for several seconds. The Phlogistinator cannot deal random critical hits nor has airblast.
- The Manmelter 3600 ZX - Grants one critical hit for every teammate you extinguish with this weapon. Does not require ammo nor can shots be reflected but cannot deal random critical hits.
- The Third Degree - An axe that transfers damage to all players connected by Medigun beams.
- Moonman Backpack - An oxygen tank worn on the back.
- Bubble Pipe - Funny-looking bubble helmet fitted with a smoking pipe.