So here's something many of you Warcraft fans have been waiting for: pandas. At BlizzCon, few were surprised to hear about the next World of Warcraft expansion, Mists of Pandaria, but the addition of Pandaren as a playable race is definitely good news for (most of) the community.
Pandaria will appear in WoW as a new continent, with an obvious Asian theme going on -- much like Cantha in Guild Wars Factions. And what class could be more Asian than the Monk? The trailer below offers a quick overview of what to expect in the new expansion.
Pandaren racials look pretty suitable for leveling too:
- Bouncy: Reduces fall damage by half.
- Inner peace: Double rested XP.
- Gourmond: +15 to cooking.
- Epicurean: Double stats to food buffs.
- Quaking Palm: Puts a target to sleep for three seconds.
Imagine all the Kung-Fu Panda jokes and references you'll be hearing from the community. Doesn't that sound fun? Anyway, here's that trailer we mentioned.
The Mists of Pandaria expansion also adds Pet Battles to the WoW mix, something many of you have no doubt already pondered, especially after seeing the magical pet squirrels in RIFT assault each other. In a nutshell, Pet Battles are like Pokémon, encouraging players to collect as many as possible to build more versatile teams. Leveling and items will also be a factor.
Joystiq's WoW Insider offers up a few details, direct from BlizzCon:
- The companion pets can attack wild pets and capture them to add to your collection.
- The battles will be turn-based.
- You will be able to customize your pets with names, items and builds.
- There will be Masters that you can fight and gain a Master Ability for your pet.
- As you collect pets, you can form them into teams to take into battle.
- Pets will be account wide, including levels and customizations.
- Pets will be tradeable. You will be able to put them on the AH or give as gifts. So you can build up to high level pets and sell them for high prices.
- All players will be able to access pet battles.