Duke Nukem Forever has only been out a few months, yet the game is already getting a platform-wide price drop. If you were thinking of revisiting the Duke's adventures, you can do so on Xbox 360 or PS3 for a surprisingly low $30 -- $19.95 on PC in our shop.
Additionally, DNF received its first downloadable content pack today, titled Hail to the Icons Parody Pack, which adds a number of new multiplayer modes, maps, and weapons. If you happened to join the Duke Nukem Forever First Access Club before launch, then the new content is free. Otherwise, you'll need to fork over $10 (or 800 MP) for the following goods:
- Three All-New Modes – Freeze Tag provides some of the best team gameplay in Duke Nukem Forever. Players cooperate to freeze and shatter their opponents in succession for huge point streaks and combos. See who can hold on to the babe the longest in Hot Potato, and play free-for-all Duke-style in Hail to the King.
- Call of Duke – Duke engages in modern combat in a war-torn city. Foes don’t stand a chance against Duke when he spams the map with the N00b T00b.
- Sandbox – Players take the role of mini-Duke in a giant sandbox with two bases at either end made out of children’s toys. This map features Sticky Bombs.
- Inferno – Time machine engage! Duke does combat in a hellish landscape of lava and teleporters. Who turned on the 16-bit graphics, and more importantly, where did this DFG come from?
- 2Forts1Bridge – Hats? Duke loves hats. Give him a mini-gun and take down all comers.