Fremont, California, July 24, 2002 - S3 Graphics, Inc. today announced that Toshiba Corporation has chosen the SuperSavage/IXc - 166 mobile graphics processor for its top-of-the-line Tecra 9000 series notebook computers utilizing the mobile Intel Pentium 4 processor. The SuperSavage/IXc - 166 hardware combined with 'Commercial Grade' software and support is an enabling solution for high performance, high reliability graphics and display implementations that Toshiba's commercial clients demand.
The SuperSavage/IXc - 166 graphics processor offers enhanced 2D/3D performance through advanced features including single cycle multi texturing, trilinear filtering, specular lighting, diffuse shading plus vertex and table fog. Smooth DVD playback is achieved using optimized hardware motion compensation. Industry defining Duoview+ capabilities allow various configurations of multiple displays supporting extended desktops, giving users greater flexibility and productivity boost in commercial applications.
To complement this rich feature set, the S3 Graphics SuperSavage/IXc - 166 is designed to minimize power consumption without compromising performance, helping to maximize battery life and thus improve the user experience. Support for ACPI power management modes further enhances efficiency and low heat dissipation means active cooling is not required, making the SuperSavage perfect in light of the current trend towards long battery life for notebooks.
"The announcement of the Tecra 9000 P4 series notebooks from Toshiba further solidifies S3 Graphics as the leader in the high-end commercial notebook graphics arena. The incredibly low box-line defect levels for the SuperSavage product line is one of the key factors in customers such as Toshiba choosing S3G over our competitors in the mission critical, commercial notebook space. Our combination of performance, unbeatable quality and world class support is a compelling solution for our customers who need future-proof, enterprise corporate platforms. I'm confident that we will garner more design wins with this approach." said Dr. Gerry Liu, vice president of marketing and chief financial officer, S3 Graphics, Inc.
About S3 Graphics, Inc.
S3 Graphics, Inc. ("S3 Graphics") is a joint venture between VIA Technologies, Inc and SONICblue specializing in providing the complete graphics solution for PCs, including the SuperSavage discrete and ProSavage integrated graphics chipsets for the mobile and desktop markets. S3 Graphics has already shipped a number of joint venture products including ProSavage PM133 and KM133; ProSavage8 PM266, KM266 and P4M266 for the integrated desktop market and ProSavage PN133 and KN133; ProSavage8 PN266, KN266 and P4N266 for the mobile market. With a long-term commitment to developing advanced graphics processors, S3 Graphics continues to expand its market presence for mobile and desktop PCs. http://www.s3graphics.com/
- The Pokémon Company "will make games for the NX," potentially drops hint about system's nature 
- Jack Tretton: Vita is a "great machine," but ultimately came "too late" 
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 beta dates announced, prepare to dodge in October 
- Microsoft on PlayStation 4 Pro: "4.2 teraflops is not enough to do true 4K" 
- 3DS Pokémon gamers have a second chance at Darkrai, get it before October 31 
- Blizzard now allows you to change your BattleTag for free, say goodbye to Arthas#3095 
- Tesco briefly listed the Nintendo NX online with a £349.99 price tag 
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim shoots PlayStation 4 and Xbox One systems in the knee October 28 
- Sony nukes PS4 mod support for Fallout 4, Skyrim Special Edition 
- Michael Pachter calls PC gamers "arrogant twits," says they're "like racists" 
- Pokémon Moon to be set twelve hours ahead of current 3DS time 
- Digital Homicide sues over 100 Steam users for saying mean words on the Internet 
- Netflix files complaint with FCC against Internet providers with "unreasonable" data caps 
- PS4 gamers may have to pay for HDR patches from third party publishers 
- Tue, Sep 27
- 3DS Pokémon gamers have a second chance at Darkrai, get it before October 31
- Yakuza 0 release date confirmed, prepare for The Business edition on January 24, 2017
- Mon, Sep 26
- Jack Tretton: Vita is a "great machine," but ultimately came "too late"
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare beta begins October 14 for PS4, Xbox One coming October 21
- Tesco briefly listed the Nintendo NX online with a £349.99 price tag
- Fri, Sep 23
- Sid Meier's Civilization VI hardware requirements revealed, prepare your GPU for strategic conquering
- Watch Dogs 2 story trailer introduces Marcus to Dedsec as they prepare to take down Blume CTO
- Thu, Sep 22
- Brazil Advisory Rating Board lists Army Men 2 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC
- Oceanhorn is coming to PlayStation Vita eventually, no release date yet
- Wed, Sep 21
- Michael Pachter calls PC gamers "arrogant twits," says they're "like racists"
Latest Net Reviews
|·||SanDisk Extreme 510|
|·||MSI X99A XPower Gaming Titanium|
|·||be quiet Silent Loop 240|
|·||be quiet Silent Loop 240|