Fremont, California, July 24, 2002 - S3 Graphics, Inc. today announced that Toshiba Corporation has chosen the SuperSavage/IXc - 166 mobile graphics processor for its top-of-the-line Tecra 9000 series notebook computers utilizing the mobile Intel Pentium 4 processor. The SuperSavage/IXc - 166 hardware combined with 'Commercial Grade' software and support is an enabling solution for high performance, high reliability graphics and display implementations that Toshiba's commercial clients demand.
The SuperSavage/IXc - 166 graphics processor offers enhanced 2D/3D performance through advanced features including single cycle multi texturing, trilinear filtering, specular lighting, diffuse shading plus vertex and table fog. Smooth DVD playback is achieved using optimized hardware motion compensation. Industry defining Duoview+ capabilities allow various configurations of multiple displays supporting extended desktops, giving users greater flexibility and productivity boost in commercial applications.
To complement this rich feature set, the S3 Graphics SuperSavage/IXc - 166 is designed to minimize power consumption without compromising performance, helping to maximize battery life and thus improve the user experience. Support for ACPI power management modes further enhances efficiency and low heat dissipation means active cooling is not required, making the SuperSavage perfect in light of the current trend towards long battery life for notebooks.
"The announcement of the Tecra 9000 P4 series notebooks from Toshiba further solidifies S3 Graphics as the leader in the high-end commercial notebook graphics arena. The incredibly low box-line defect levels for the SuperSavage product line is one of the key factors in customers such as Toshiba choosing S3G over our competitors in the mission critical, commercial notebook space. Our combination of performance, unbeatable quality and world class support is a compelling solution for our customers who need future-proof, enterprise corporate platforms. I'm confident that we will garner more design wins with this approach." said Dr. Gerry Liu, vice president of marketing and chief financial officer, S3 Graphics, Inc.
About S3 Graphics, Inc.
S3 Graphics, Inc. ("S3 Graphics") is a joint venture between VIA Technologies, Inc and SONICblue specializing in providing the complete graphics solution for PCs, including the SuperSavage discrete and ProSavage integrated graphics chipsets for the mobile and desktop markets. S3 Graphics has already shipped a number of joint venture products including ProSavage PM133 and KM133; ProSavage8 PM266, KM266 and P4M266 for the integrated desktop market and ProSavage PN133 and KN133; ProSavage8 PN266, KN266 and P4N266 for the mobile market. With a long-term commitment to developing advanced graphics processors, S3 Graphics continues to expand its market presence for mobile and desktop PCs. http://www.s3graphics.com/
- South Park: The Fractured but Whole launches December 6, fart your way to victory 
- Rumor: Nintendo NX to be portable console with cartridges and NVIDIA Tegra processor 
- Pokémon GO Plus accessory delayed until September, keep your eyes on the phone 
- Square Enix is working on a new RPG, Kamitsuri set to be revealed August 1 
- Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3 is Japan's best selling game so far in 2016 
- I Am Setsuna now available, prepare yourself for classic JRPG goodness on PS4 and Steam 
- Level-5 reveals Lady Layton, meet the puzzle professor's daughter 
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 trailer shows off new transformations, power pole, and Flying Nimbus 
- The Nintendo Entertainment System will launch November 11 for $59.99 
- July CoroCoro leak introduces two new Pokémon, meet Kiteruguma and Mimikkyu 
- Pokémon GO blamed in shooting death of Guatemalan teen during home invasion 
- Summer Games Done Quick 2016 starts on Sunday, watch the race for charity here 
- Nintendo stock prices skyrocket as Pokémon GO places Eevees in the highway 
- Seven new Pokémon announced for Sun & Moon, see 'em all in a new trailer 
- Fri, Jul 29
- Shenmue sub-director Keiji Okayasu reprises his role for Shenmue III
- Hearthstone invites you to spend One Night in Karazhan with Medivh starting August 11
- Square Enix is working on a new RPG, Kamitsuri set to be revealed August 1
- Thu, Jul 28
- Explore Yooka-Laylee in special Toybox demo, exclusive to Kickstarter backers
- Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3 is Japan's best selling game so far in 2016
- Nep-Nep Connect: Chaos Chanpuru will bring Compile Heart to Vita's card table in Japan
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 trailer shows off new transformations, power pole, and Flying Nimbus
- Wed, Jul 27
- Level-5 reveals Lady Layton, meet the puzzle professor's daughter
- Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past battle trailer warns of King Slimes
- BATMAN - The Telltale Series multiplayer to feature crowd play, Twitch plays Batman
Latest Net Reviews
|·||Cooler Master MasterBox 5 (French)|
|·||Corsair ML140 and ML120 Review|
|·||Synology DiskStation DS916+|
|·||MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming Z 8G|
|·||Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Gaming Premium Pack|