Update: A quick search of several major North American retailers reveals a price tag of $80 (or $79.99, to be exact) for the Limited Edition, putting it $30 higher than the standard edition, which is listed at $49.99 USD.
A lot of people have been looking forward to the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, so it's no surprise that Konami would release a special edition. The company announced a Limited Edition for the upcoming MGS HD Collection today, and released a few helpful visual aids.
The announcement didn't come with pricing information, but we can't imagine the price being much steeper than whatever the game will end up being. After all, the Limited Edition just has some fancier packaging and an "exclusive" artbook. Both are nice, but neither would jack up the price too much.
Here's a more detailed explanation for the Limited Edition content:
• Standard game
• Specialized packaging created by series lead artist, Yoji Shinkawa
• 248 page exclusive "The Art of Metal Gear Solid" artbook
Something for the MGS fans to look forward to. The HD Collection, if you were unaware for whatever reason, is completely remastered "from the ground up" for the Xbox 360 and PS3 consoles. Check some of the updates:
• Remastered from the ground up for PS3 & Xbox360
• Stunning 1080p graphics
• 60 frames-per-second graphics
• Icons, sound effects, and all fonts upgraded for HD
• User interface rebalanced for HD
• Added right analog stick input and force feedback
• Features Trophies on PS3 and Achievements on Xbox 360
• Worldwide matchmaking for multiplayer (tentative)
• TRANSFARRING (save data sharing) compatible with PSP version