Still haven't got around to doing some bounty hunting with friends in Red Dead Redemption? This October 11th, the Red Dead Redemption Game of the Year Edition will give newcomers everything they need to see all the sights of the Old West.
Red Dead Redemption GOTY includes the complete Red Dead Redemption game plus all download packs released to date including "Legends & Killers", "Liars & Cheats", and the popular "Undead Nightmare Pack". Pre-order content such as the Deadly Assassin Outfit and Golden Guns Weapon Pack is also included.
For those who already own Red Dead Redemption, you can look forward to the new "Myths and Mavericks" DLC that's releasing today. "Myths and Mavericks" features fan-favorite characters to be used in multiplayer and adds new multiplayer locations. Here are the new places you can visit online and the modes available for each location:
- Beecher's Hope - Stronghold
- Benedict Point - Hold Your Own, Grab the Bag
- Cochinay - Gold Rush, Shootout, Gang Shootout, Stronghold
- El Presidio - Gold Rush, Shootout, Gang Shootout
- Gaptooth Mine - Shootout, Gang Shootout
- Nekoti Rock - Gold Rush, Shootout, Gang Shootout
- Perdido - Hold Your Own, Grab the Bag
- Pike's Basin - Shootout, Gang Shootout
- Plainview - Gold Rush, Shootout, Gang Shootout
- Torquemada - Stronghold
In addition to the above, some current locations are now compatible with new modes:
- Armadillo - Stronghold
- Chuparosa - Stronghold
- Rio Bravo - Shootout, Gang Shootout
- Tumbleweed - Stronghold
Before you can download "Myths and Mavericks", you'll have to download a title update. This update includes various fixes and brings back the original rules of Undead Overrun (extended sudden death, no explosive spit).