Lots of virtual punching and kicking will be done this week with the arrival of Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition, Comix Zone, and a Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine demo. Also available today is Parasite Eve II as a PSone Classic, which can be enjoyed by PS3 and PSP users.
PlayStation Network downloads and demos
- Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition introduced new features into the Street Fighter series such as parries, dashing, and leap attacks. This version includes 19 characters and a new online mode to challenge other players around the country. Try out one of the best Street Fighter games for $14.99.
- In Hamilton's Great Adventure, Hamilton and his partner bird Sasha team up to travel around the world on a secret quest. The adventuring duo must solve tile-based puzzles in order to progress. Features single-player and local drop-in cooperative play. Solve the world's hidden mysteries for $9.99.
- Sega Genesis beat 'em up Comix Zone debuts, starring a comic book artist named Sketch Turner who ends up being sucked into one of his comic drawings. Sketch must stop Mortus, a villain intending to leave the comic book realm and take over the real world. Be a literal comic book superhero for $4.99.
- The Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine trial puts you in control of Captain Titus, an Ultramarines veteran who serves to defend humanity. In this third-person RPG, you'll use ranged and melee weapons to kill hordes of Orks and the forces of Chaos. Do not mistake Space Marine for the just-released Kill Team, which is a completely different game.
- The Bodycount demo introduces Jackson, a former soldier who is investigating wars started by mysterious individuals. Bodycount touts fully destructible environments and a flexible cover system.
- Hockey fans will want to try out the NHL 12 demo to check out new features like improved physics, an Action Tracker that allows players to intervene during simulated matches, and the introduction of some legendary players like Wayne Gretzky and Mario Lemieux.
- Parasite Eve II takes place three years after the events of the first Parasite Eve with Aya Brea facing another mitochondrial outbreak. Aya fends for herself with various guns though she can tap into her own mitochondrial abilities to pull off special attacks or heal herself. Your performance in this survival horror/action game determines which of the multiple endings you'll receive. Play this Squaresoft classic for $5.99.
- Fighting Fantasy: Talisman of Death is based on the popular roleplay gamebooks created by Steve Jackson and Ian Livingstone. This RPG allows you to create characters and relies on dice rolls to determine the outcome of actions. You can refer to a log book to keep track of your progress. Worth $4.99 to purchase.
- Hysteria Project 2 tasks players to escape from a killer in an unknown environment. What makes Hysteria Project 2 unique is that all events play out with full motion video. Make your escape for $2.49.
- Brink "Doom and Psycho", "Fallout and Spec-Ops" bundle packs ($1.99 each) - Apparel, tattoos, weapons, and attachments for characters.
- Dragon Age 2 "All-Class Items Pack 2" ($4.99) - Armors, weapons, and accessories for mages, rogues, and warriors. Individual class packs can be purchased for $2.99 each.
- Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 "Missions 10-12" ($0.99 each) - Unlocks missions.
- MotorStorm Apocalypse "Red Joker", "Gold Joker" Event packs (free) - Grab chips with a Wasabi Kimachi Supermini or Italia Areto Superbike.
- SingStar song packs ($6.99 each) - A hefty 48 packs that were initially available from the SingStar SingStore.
- Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition "Unlock Dipswitches" ($0.99) - Enable gameplay switches like ground-chain and air-chain combos. Dipswitches can be unlocked through normal gameplay without purchasing this.
- Worms 2: Armageddon "Retro", "Time Attack" packs ($4.99 each) - New race missions and levels from the first Armageddon. Both packs feature new hats, speech banks, gravestones, landscapes, and trophies.