Borderlands 2 will have its fair share of changes and improvements but the gun manufacturers from the first Borderlands are here to stay. Dahl, Tediore, and other weapon makers are continuing to churn out guns made just the way you like them.
Gun manufacturers are making their firearms with more distinctive appearances in Borderlands 2 to make them better stand out from other makers. Because of this, you'll be able to guess who made the gun and how that weapon functions just by looking at it.
Here's a list of gun manufacturers in Borderlands 2, including attributes associated with that brand:
- Dahl - Contemporary-style guns (like those seen in Call of Duty) that do a great job of absorbing recoil.
- Hyperion - Guns share Claptrap's clean yellow and white aesthetics. Known for having the best accuracy, decent recoil reduction, and being slightly more powerful than some gun models.
- Vladof - Weapons made by Vladof will now sport minigun attachments. Have the highest fire rate at the cost of lowered accuracy.
- Tediore - Makes an unusual gun model that can be thrown and explode like a grenade (blast power depends on bullets in the magazine) then respawn in the player's hands. Tediore guns have average stats but have fast reload speeds and sometimes regenerate ammo.
- Torgue - The biggest guns in Borderlands 2 will be made by Torgue. Guns have high damage output but you'll have to deal with lowered accuracy and high recoil.
- Maliwan - Futuristic-looking weaponry. Maliwans usually deal out some sort of elemental effect.
- Jakobs - Jakobs prides itself on making their guns out of wood and and sporting an antiquated Old West-style appearance. Guns by Jakobs deal more damage than any other gun model but they have low firing rates and will never have an element attached to them.
- Bandit - Bandit weapons are comprised of salvaged parts with varying qualities in their construction. One gun may have a digital scope while another weapon might have a bottle serving as the scope.
Borderlands 2 releases after the first quarter of 2012 for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC.