A select and lucky few Battlefield fans will be able to test the upcoming Battlefield 3 in alpha form shortly -- hit the source for details.
Naturally, to decide if you want in, you'll need to know if your PC is up to snuff. With that, the recommended system requirements for this trial have been released. To be perfectly clear, these are entirely tentative and as DICE puts it, "do not necessarily represent the requirements for the final game," meaning a significant amount could very well change between now and the beta and then the final launch, thus increasing or lowering these requirements. However, it is useful as at least a vague starting point.
With that said, here's what's advised for the alpha, more or less in line with our previous estimations:
- OS: Windows 7 or Vista (SP1)
- Installed: Origin
- CPU: Quadcore @ 2.0 GHz or faster
- RAM: 4GB or more
- Hard Drive: 7.25 GB free disk space
- Video: 512 MB or greater
- DirectX 10 or 11 compatible card with latest drivers (AMD 11.5 or later, nVidia 275.33 or later)
- Sound: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible card
- Internet: broadband connection