Since Team Fortress 2's Australian Christmas update, Valve hasn't made a peep about any major forthcoming additions for the class-based FPS. Today, Valve broke their silence in a big way: Team Fortress 2's Über Update arrives June 23 and is considered the largest content update yet.
With today's announcement comes reveals of a new map and new mobster-themed gear for the Heavy and Spy. Heavy players will be able to get their hands on three weapons:
- Tomislav - A minigun with 75% faster, silent spin-up time but fires 20% slower than the standard Minigun.
- The Family Business - A shotgun whose ammo clip is 40% larger than the standard shotgun but does 15% less damage.
- The Eviction Notice - Spiked brass knuckles that let the Heavy punch 50% faster at the cost of 60% less damage per hit.
The Spy receives two weapons and a fancy decoration to improve their dapper appearance:
- The Enforcer - A pistol that does 20% more damage than the standard revolver at the cost of increasing your cloaking time by 0.5 seconds.
- The Big Earner - Equipping this knife reduces your maximum health by 25 but grants you 30% cloak with every kill.
- The Made Man - A fancy rose to wear on your suit.
Barnblitz is your new Payload map, taking place primarily indoors within some barns. Those playing on offense will have to push the cart through four capture points in order to win.
It would be criminal not to mention "Meet the Medic" will finally be seen by the public when the Über Update is released. At long last we finally get to see the helpful doctor have his time in the limelight.
Lastly, Valve is celebrating the arrival of the Über Update with a week of free access to Team Fortress 2 beginning today. Hop on Steam and start downloading right now.