If you're thinking of pre-ordering DiRT 3 for either Xbox 360 or PS3, know that you have options. Should you find yourself in a big-spending mood, Codemasters has an alternative to the $60 base game -- assuming you've got a spare $300 laying around.
An exclusive DiRT 3 limited edition bundle has been announced, and we say "exclusive" because only Amazon.com and GameStop are carrying it. Why the price? The bundle includes a Traxxas radio-controlled Ken Block Gymkhana Ford Fiesta Car, and apparently, that's plenty exciting for some folks.
Though this may be self-explanatory, said RC car is fully assembled already, and for RC/racing fans, the toy features the following:
- Officially licensed Ford Fiesta body design and Ken Block/Monster Energy graphics
- Officially licensed Volk Racing TE37 wheels
- Pre-glued, low-profile Gymkhana-compound slick tires molded in a specially formulated rubber compound for authentic Gymkhana performance and handling
- Full-time 4WD
- Powerful Titan 12-Turn 550 modified motor
- Includes Traxxas Power Cell battery pack and charger
- TQ AM Transmitter
- Waterproof electronics
- Digital high-torque waterproof micro steering servo
- Adjustable oil-filled coil over shocks
- Rubber-sealed ball bearings
- Impact absorbing foam front bumper
- Race-winning, F1-inspired Revo suspension technology
You should probably get on pre-ordering soon, what with the whole "limited edition" thing. Now here's a video of the marketing dudes at Codemasters getting all giddy over the RC car.
DiRT 3 will be out on May 24 for Xbox 360, PC, and PS3.