First bacon, now mechanical rodeo chickens. We've since stopped wondering about Uber Entertainment and learned to just enjoy the weirdness, because they put out damn good quality weirdness.
The latest comes as an update for Monday Night Combat PC, which adds a ton of fixes and balance adjustments, but also a new Crossfire map called "Uncle Tully's Funland." Despite having a name that sounds vaguely like a horror movie title, Uncle Tully's Funland actually does sound pretty fun.
The map features Chickey Cantor, a giant mechanical rodeo chicken that players can shoot at for extra points and buffs for the whole team. When Chickey lands on the ground, you can actually jump on him, and like a mechanical bull, the point is to hang on for as long as possible. Stay on Chickey for eight seconds and you'll earn a ton of money. One thing you'll need to watch out for when trying to grapple the chicken (that could almost be a euphemism) is that riders are especially suseptible to enemy Pros.
Aside from Chickey Cantor, Uber is also introducing new bot spawners, which bring in Jackbots, Black Jacks, Slims, Scramblers, Gremlins, Gapshots, and Bouncers. Check the list after the video for full update details -- be sure to watch the video first.
- New Crossfire Map: Uncle Tully's Funland
- New bot spawn buttons for Uncle Tully's Funland
- Chickey Cantor now spawns in Uncle Tully's Funland
- New reserved slots for server admins
- New Action Menu. The Action Menu is an in-game menu for accessing buttons to easily mute players or vote to kick them.
- New animation for all Pros when they use jump pads
- Added in a new random lines from Mickey Cantor during the course of the match
- Reserved slots for players, settable by the server admin. Players are specified by SteamID in the HostileAccess.ini file; in a similar manner to how players are listed for banning. Adding an entry to the "VIPIDs" array (for example "VIPIDs=0×0110000104524662″) will cause that player to be a VIP on the server. When a VIP attempts to join a full server, the server will kick the most recently joined nonVIP player to make room for the joining VIP. If a server is full of VIPs, then any incoming VIPs will be rejected as normal. VIPs must still know the server password (if any) to gain entrance. Also, if a VIP is banned, the ban will take priority over VIP status. ALSO, the cooldown period which a player who has been votekicked must wait before rejoining a server has been made configurable. The default value of VoteKickCooldown=10 (minutes) can be modified in the HostileAcess.ini. Note that a player who has been votekicked off of a server must wait VoteKickCooldown*NumberOfVotekicks minutes before being allowed to rejoin, thus further discouraging repeat offenders.
- Added back the number of juice uses in the end game summary
- Adjusted the way we calculate All Star Rating
- Adjusted the key bindings screen to accommodate the new action menu
- Changed the hit sound for the cardboard tube on the Cardboard Tube Samurai skin for the Assassin
- Reduced ban time from a vote kick
- Increased height of glass barriers in Grenade III Arena
- Fixed issue where level 3 Assault charge did not deal enough grapple damage to Bots
- Fixed Sniper's juice armor obscuring scope visibility
- Fixed high frame rates causing reduced initial movement speed
- Fixed normal maps textures on Assassin's sword and dagger
- Fixed Assassin's being visible at distances they shouldn't be in maps with fog
- Players can no longer be killed after the round has ended