While the possibility of new Guilty Gear installments currently lingers between low and nonexistent, Aksys still isn't ready to let the series fade into obscurity -- not when they can still churn out remakes for fans in Japan or release previously region-exclusive content overseas.
Europe, for instance, is getting a special limited Collector's Edition bundle for Guilty Gear Accent Core PLUS next month, on May 6. Does that title sound vaguely familiar? The first version of Accent Core was released in Japan and North America back in 2007 for PlayStation 2 and Wii. Less than a year later, an enhanced version called Accent Core PLUS was released in Japan, though the US didn't get the game until Spring 2009. In December 2010, Europe finally got the PlayStation 2 version. To be clear, we're talking about Accent Core PLUS, as in the updated re-release of Accent Core.
May 6 marks the debut of the PSP and Wii versions in Europe, and Aksys is throwing in a ton of goodies into the exclusive European Collector's Edition in hopes of keeping fans happy. Assuming said fans are okay with forking over £79.99 -- that's just a bit over $130 in USD. Note the Collector's Edition is also available with a PS2 copy of the game.
- A choice of Guilty Gear Accent Core PLUS on Nintendo Wii, PSP or PlayStation 2
- A choice between Guilty Gear: 10th Memorial Artbook or the limited edition, Guilty Gear: Lost Archives art book, exclusive to this collection
- Limited Edition Antique Silver Guilty Gear key chain
- Guilty Gear Accent Core PLUS Official Soundtrack
- Guilty Gear Accent Core PLUS T-Shirt
- Packaged inside a beautiful presentation box
- 1 of only 200 stunning Giclee prints of Guilty Gear’s A.B.A, numbered and printed on Hahnmemuhle paper, available exclusively through this Collector’s Edition and strictly limited to this one run of 200 prints.
Apparently those A.B.A prints go for about £200 or $327 in Japan. But what does money matter when you have the "unique opportunity to own a piece of Arc System Work's history." Their words, not ours.