Last year we learned the PC version of shooter Homefront would be getting some extra PC love as is typical of publisher THQ. At the time only dedicated servers and clan support were confirmed, but now we can detail a long list of other items. Take a deep breath:
- Steamworks & VAC support
- NVIDIA 3D Vision support
- First and third person vehicle views
- Chopper control modes (Ace, Veteran, Rookie)
- More vehicle co-pilot abilities
- Practice mode
- Vehicle joystick control support
- Squad management system with VOIP
- Stat tracking
- Multiplayer match recording
- Dedicated server browser executable for private server hosting
- LAN support
- UI optimized for kb/mouse
- SLI/Crossfire support
- DirectX 9 & 11 support (DX9 is the baseline)
Mod tools are also being considered, as is Eyefinity support and a player count higher than the offered 32.
If you'd like even more details, keep checking the source for a podcast link which will cover the features in-depth.
If it's not clear by now: the PC version of the game looks to be the definitive version by far. At worst, we expect it'll be a pleasant stopover on the way to Battlefield 3.
Update: the podcast is now available.