Max Payne 2 is expected to ship in calendar 2003.
Originally developed for the PC by Remedy Entertainment and produced by 3D Realms, Max Payne debuted as an award winning and top selling PC game in July 2001. PlayStation®2 and Xbox(TM) versions of the game were shipped in December 2001, and both achieved immediate critical and commercial success. Global shipments of the Max Payne franchise have exceeded 2.75 million units to date.
Take-Two also announced that it has acquired ownership of the Max Payne brand and all intellectual property rights associated with the brand, including trademarks, copyrights, characters, perpetual license to utilize proprietary technologies, including the Max Payne game engine and associated "Bullet Time(TM)" technology, and rights to license fees from ancillary Max Payne brand extensions such as cinema, television and literary productions.
Take-Two purchased the Max Payne property from Remedy Entertainment and Apogee Software in exchange for $10 million in cash and 969,932 shares of restricted common stock, in addition to certain future development incentives.
Kelly Sumner, Chief Executive Officer said, "A critical component of Take-Two's corporate strategy is to control the intellectual property rights to our key brands and as a result, build the most value for our company. Max Payne has been one of our most successful product franchises to date. The ownership of this top-selling brand allows us to broadly capitalize on the continued strength of the product on multiple platforms, and extend the brand with exciting sequels as well as providing opportunities for extending the brand to other forms of entertainment."
Scott Miller, Chief Executive Officer of 3D Realms commented, "This is a precedent-setting deal for Take-Two, Remedy and 3D Realms - the first time in our industry a highly successful IP alone has changed ownership hands. This deal validates our strategy for developing strong character-based games. Take-Two benefits tremendously by having full control of the Max Payne brand going forward and being able to properly leverage it to its full potential."
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 goes Super Saiyan 3 October 25 for consoles 
- Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius available now, save Lapis with Exdeath's help 
- Seven new Pokémon announced for Sun & Moon, see 'em all in a new trailer 
- Street Fighter V story mode trailer teases what's at stake for a world of warriors 
- Take a look at Tales of Berseria's first DLC costumes, more to come in the future 
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild will be the Wii U's only release in 2017 
- Splatoon gets its "last ever" Splatfest July 22, pitting Callie against Marie 
- Bioshock: The Collection announced, launching September 13 for Xbox One, PS4, and PC 
- Microsoft's E3 2016 conference starts at 9:30am PT, watch and discuss here 
- Sony rocks Los Angeles at E3 2016 with God of War reveal, press conference archive stream 
- Ubisoft's E3 2016 showcase has ended, archive stream available 
- Nintendo Treehouse's E3 presentation highlights Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Pokémon Sun/Moon 
- Rumor: Skyrim remaster to be announced at E3, take a remastered arrow to the knee 
- Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age brings an HD version of Ivalice to PlayStation 4 in 2017 
- Fri, Jul 01
- Shaymin now available for 3DS Pokémon games, Mystery Gift awaits
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 goes Super Saiyan 3 October 25 for consoles
- Thu, Jun 30
- Seven new Pokémon announced for Sun & Moon, see 'em all in a new trailer
- Street Fighter V story mode trailer teases what's at stake for a world of warriors
- Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius available now, save Lapis with Exdeath's help
- Splatoon gets its "last ever" Splatfest July 22, pitting Callie against Marie
- Bioshock: The Collection announced, launching September 13 for Xbox One, PS4, and PC
- Wed, Jun 29
- Take a look at Tales of Berseria's first DLC costumes, more to come in the future
- Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars lands on Wii U Virtual Console tomorrow
- NVIDIA to host special celebration event in Australia July 7, GTX 1060 may be revealed
Latest Net Reviews
|·||HyperX Cloud Revolver|
|·||AMD Radeon RX 480|
|·||AMD Radeon RX 480 (German)|
|·||AMD Radeon RX 480 4GB versus Radeon RX 480 8GB|
|·||Scythe Grand Kama Cross 3|
|·||SilentiumPC Air Cooler Challenge – 6 Way|