December 1, 2010 is a momentous day for Fable III fans, unless you happen to be one of the lucky few untouched by horrendous glitching. The patch was first announced in late-November, the same day Lionhead released the 'Understone Quest Pack' add-on.
Take a look at the patch notes, but keep in mind not all the fixes are listed here.
- Sanctuary: Fixed numerous issues whereby Jasper would stop talking or whereby the world map would become unusable
- Quest: Tabletop: The Hobbes may not spawn in the last area causing the player to be unable to progress
- Quest: Tabletop: Online multiplayer: Player host is unable to vault off platform to Hobbe area
- Quest: Tabletop: Player can become stuck behind some rocks
- Quest: Tabletop: After defeating the hollowmen in the room with the lever the player is unable to progress
- Quest: The Masquerade: Player can become trapped in Reaver’s mansion.
- Quest: The Masquerade: Player can fall out of the world
- Quest: GNOMES PART 1: Player can break script
- Live: The players fall out of the world (FOOTW) when transitioning from Shifting Sands to The Veiled Path
- Crash: Mourningwood guards audio
- Crash: During the quest “Peace, Love and Homicide”
- General improvements to performance and frame rate
- World: Online multiplayer: Fast Travel area does not extend from end of level the "The Hole" to go to Mistpeak Valley
- World: Player can fall out of environment in Mistpeak Valley while in combat
- World: After proposing marriage, Bowerstone Castle cannot be selected as family home.
- World: If client repairs a house, the house goes from renting out to living in
- World: Player can become stuck during Castle Battle after vaulting over sandbags near burning cart
- World: Bowerstone Industrial: Player can fall off the world
- World: a fix for existing or future FOOTW situations
- World: Online multiplayer: No Particle Effects on Host Screen after Marrying another Player
- Live: Orbs do not always show up
- Live: Online multiplayer: Fixed an issue with sliding host in the sanctuary
- Live: Fixed several issues relating to gifting and receiving gifts in local and online coop
- Quest: Tabletop: Breadcrumb not leading to Demonic Chickens
- Saves: Fixed a few issues that could cause a corrupt save game slot
- World: Driftwood: Hero can become stuck inside of tree
- World: Shooting a crate creates a duplicate crate
- World: Black chicken in castle gardens flies straight up into the air for several seconds when kicked
- Speech: Japanese: Reaver is missing VO in one quest
Going in post-update, you'll find much of Albion's population (and Aurora's) has mysteriously vanished. Trouble spots like Brightwall and Bowerstone are no longer crammed with NPCs when you teleport in, which greatly reduces lag and hopefully eliminates the constant freezing some players have been suffering. Slight frame rate issues persist in certain zones, like the (mostly vacant) Brightwall Academy, but it's nothing to complain about.
If your Jasper went mute partway like mine, he'll start speaking story-related lines soon as you step back into the game. Sadly, after getting all caught up, he went back to being a silent butler; no witty lines in the armory or dressing room, no gift or sanctuary shop alerts.
Happy Fable-ing, to all you Hero Kings and Queens.